are there any public HTTP RESTful APIs for the Nebula portal ?

Options
RTH10
RTH10 Posts: 25  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hello,
are there any public HTTP RESTful APIs for the Nebula portal  ?
Ideally I would be able to integrate APoints information into my own portal...
if these API exist but are not yet public I'd happy to test them....
thx

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jason
    Zyxel_Jason Posts: 395  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @RTH10 ,

I will PM you for more detail information.
    Please check your Inbox of Zyxel community or your email mailbox.

Thanks.
    Jason
  • x3n0
    x3n0 Posts: 2
    Friend Collector
    Options
    Hi @Zyxel_Jason,

Iam also interested in testing or using an API for Nebula. I'm currently working on my Home automation and I use Zyxel Network Products, wich will be great if an API exist.

(GS1920-24HP , 2x NWA210AX)

Thanks a lot.
  • Zyxel_Jason
    Options
    Hi @x3n0,

Now we only have few API for project engagement, not in general availability yet.
    We are working on the Open API by phase approach per customer and market needs, for sure it is limited by our resources until the business priority getting more clear.

May you share what information you would like to have the most via API for Nebula in your scenario?
    For example: The online/offline status of Switch or AP.

Thanks.
    Jason
  • x3n0
    x3n0 Posts: 2
    Friend Collector
    Options
    Hi @Zyxel_Jason,

Thank you for your answer.
    It would be great to have on the AP the possibility to see witch client is online and to switch on and off SSID´s over the API.
    At the Switch it would be good if there is the possibility to switch on or off poe ports over the API (to switch off AP´s completely , or reboot poe devices). If there is the possibility it would also be nice to see stats at the API ( power on each poe port, traffic etc.)

Thanks a lot 
    x3n0
  • Zyxel_Jason
    Options
    Hi @x3n0,

Thanks for your feedback.

In the current roadmap, the public API in first phase will let user collect the status and some statistics from Nebula device.
    We will still put those configure-related features you mentioned in our future roadmap for public API.

Please note that the public API will be a NCC Pro Pack feature when it is released.

Jason
  • Stampeder
    Stampeder Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    I'm doing home automation as well. I have a GS-1910-24HP and as such it has POE. What I would like to see in the API is the ability to turn the POE on/off on a per port basis.
    I use the POE ports to power my Amazon Fire tablets which serve as dashboards. Over a period of time if one does not remove the charging power it will cause battery failure and damage to the tablets. My other project involves POE lighting and since I have 24 ports available to me this is a natural option to run those.
    Thanks.
    Glenn...
  • Zyxel_Jason
    Options
    Hi @Stampeder,

Like I mentioned above, configure-related feature is in our future roadmap.
    But for you scenario, have you tried to configure PoE schedule for Switch ports on Nebula CC?

User can create PoE schedule profile at Switch > Configure > PoE schedules and apply it to ports.

After creating profile, the user can go to Switch > Configure > Switch ports, select ports and apply the PoE schedule.

In this example above, the ports which are applied New Schedule will only enable PoE at 8:00~20:00 everyday.

Hope it helps.

Jason
  • nicogat
    nicogat Posts: 6
    Friend Collector
    Options
    dears, is it possible to do it ( switch on and off) POE via nebula just for one or specific group of Ports? And is it included in basic license? 
    Looking for a gigabit switch 8 ports poe+ Can you suggest me one? 
    Thank you

Nebula Tips & Tricks