Netconf Connection is Disconnected on all APs

Options
Infotecnika
Infotecnika Posts: 18  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi all,

We have a large Wifi 6 network covered with Nebula controlled WAX510 APs. We are experiencing a "Netconf  Connection is disconnected" on all Aps, This heppens about every 1 hour to a different (random?) group of APs , but ifferent groups every time.  We tried disablig DCS etc... but no effect.  We see a large amount of warnings about STORM CONTROL DETEC TION.  Is possible that there is a relationship with this?  From the user side the WIFI signal dissapears for a few moments causing cuts and an improper connection experience . 

Any help?

Thank you.

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Infotecnika

If there are a lot of storm in the environment, it will affect the WiFi usage if the storm packets pass through the WiFi definitely. We suggest to enable the storm control on the switch if you have one. If no, you also can enable the storm control on the AP.

If it still does not help, please provide the org/site name and enable Zyxel support(Help > Support request) for me.

Joslyn
  • Infotecnika
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Joslyn,

Thank you for your response.

Ive enabled storm control with a relaxed 200 pps rate on all AP connected ports (30 aps) on both switches (GS1920-24HP and GS1920-48HP)  It,s a heavy use network and i need yo avoid false positives.

I,ll tel you the result and if the problem persist or is resolved after that.

Thank you!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Infotecnika

If there are a lot of storm in the environment, it will affect the WiFi usage if the storm packets pass through the WiFi definitely. We suggest to enable the storm control on the switch if you have one. If no, you also can enable the storm control on the AP.

If it still does not help, please provide the org/site name and enable Zyxel support(Help > Support request) for me.

Joslyn
  • Infotecnika
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Joslyn,

Thank you for your response.

Ive enabled storm control with a relaxed 200 pps rate on all AP connected ports (30 aps) on both switches (GS1920-24HP and GS1920-48HP)  It,s a heavy use network and i need yo avoid false positives.

I,ll tel you the result and if the problem persist or is resolved after that.

Thank you!
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Options
    Hi @Infotecnika

Got it. Once you have any test result, please update here to let us know.

Joslyn
  • Infotecnika
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi Joslyn!

We applied a Storm Control on  switch ports with connected APs and the netconf disconnect ocurrence was down dramatically. (We have some but less than before).  Now we are playing with the PPS value for controlling  but avoiding to affect the normal traffic.

Marking it as resolved. Thank you for your appreciated help.
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Options
    Hi @Infotecnika

Excellent! It is good to hear that the issue was resolved by the solution. Thanks for your sharing. You are always welcome to ask questions here.

Joslyn

Nebula Tips & Tricks