NSA310 Certificate

Options
Didn't succeed to access NAS through HTTPS in any way (with system CA or modifying existing certificate ), connection remains "not Secure" . Any advice ?
Thanks.

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Normally there is a chain of certificates which ultimately point to a build in certificate in your browser/OS. But because the certificate in the NAS is self-signed, it doesn't have a chain, and so it's marked insecure. In theory the NAS can provide you a certificate to install in your browser to tell it to trust your NAS, but I think the firmware it that old that it uses encryption techniques which are considered unsafe nowadays. So I'm afraid you'll have to live with it.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Normally there is a chain of certificates which ultimately point to a build in certificate in your browser/OS. But because the certificate in the NAS is self-signed, it doesn't have a chain, and so it's marked insecure. In theory the NAS can provide you a certificate to install in your browser to tell it to trust your NAS, but I think the firmware it that old that it uses encryption techniques which are considered unsafe nowadays. So I'm afraid you'll have to live with it.
  • ericaallen
    Options
    Thank you, this question was also relevant to me.

Consumer Product Help Center