Multy u daisy chain

joum
joum Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited September 2020 in Multy WiFi System
Hi,
i have recently installed a multy u system (3 devices) at home, the setup wen’t smoothly and i activated bridge mode as i already have a router by my isp.
The problem is, it seems that they can’t work in daisy chain mode, each node needs to connect to the main multy u, or they won’t work at all, this is not very practical as my house is quite long, and i need the nodes to be able to connect to each other. On your faq, you say daisy chain is automatic.. but when i launch a test, the only test running are between the main node and the others, not the secondairies between them.
This seems to proove that daisy chain is not working ... any advice? Perharps a firmware update could solve that.
thanks

#Multy_Sep_2020

All Replies

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Dear Sir,

Multy U will connect to every Multy node and build a wireless backhaul connection with each other, as long as they can receive the signal from each other.
    However, if the root and the third Multy cannot receive the signal from each, the third Multy will connect to the second node as a bridge to the Root, and it should provide the internet connection to the third node, as below.
    Root------second Multy -------Third Multy

Seems the connection between the second Multy to the third Multy has some problems.
    Please provide below information for us to clarify your issue.
    1. What is your network topology? Please provide a draw or a map or your place, and the distance between each Multy.
    2. Are there any walls or obstacles between the second Multy and the third Multy?
    3. The preface distance between two Multy is 10~15meters, however, the distance will be shorter if there is a wall or obstacle between them.
    4. What happened on the third node when it is in the Daisy Chain position?
    Will it glow red LED? or the connection on the node has some issue(cannot access the internet)?

Best Regards,
    Eric

• joum
    joum Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    thanks Eric, as i stated in another comment:
    i will answer to myself as i found the solution:  to force it work, i had to put the third device far far away, so that it had absolutely no chance to connect to the main hub, and then, after i restarted the system, it worked and connected in daisy chain. You still can’t see it when you diagnose, but it works anyway.
  • michelle
    michelle Posts: 1  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    To Zyxel_Eric ,

But why the zyxel website says Multy U Don't support Daisy Chain?

Best Regards,
    Michelle

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,023  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @michelle,

The Multy U do not support Daisy chain.
    There is no option to enable it on the Multy APP.

In this case, third Multy is not able to connect to the Root Multy.
    and the topology works like as below, so we call it a daisy chain, but not the function daisy chain on the Multy APP.
    Root------second Multy -------Third Multy

Best Regards,
    Jerry

Consumer Product Help Center