Connected but no internet

Options
Achazit
Achazit Posts: 9
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hello,

I am trying to determine what happened to one of the SSID in "isolated" connection was fine the other day and no longer able to get on the internet but is connected?

Any ideas how to check because the dashboard says all is fine. I have 3 SSIDs for each one to do specific task. All but 1 SSID is in isolated mode that was working fine for a while until now.

Still a noob, so trying to get a grip on this setup and troubleshooting.

Edit: NWA210AX
Edit 2: I figured it out. Not sure why but the AP Mesh needed to be turned on? I thought AP Mesh is for multiple APs meshing APs. 

Thanks

All Replies

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 437  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Achazit

About the “isolated” SSID, would you like to share with us what configurations do you apply for this SSID, is Guest Network or Layer 2 isolation? As you said connection was fine but can’t go to internet, do you know if client get the IP or not?

Yes, mesh is to use multiple wireless APs to extend wireless network so you could disable it if you don’t have this scenario. If you don’t mind us to check your setting, please enable the Zyxel support at Help > Support request > Invite Zyxel support as administrator, and provide the Org and Site name in private message for us to check. Thank you.

Regards,

Bella

• Achazit
    Achazit Posts: 9
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hi @Achazit

About the “isolated” SSID, would you like to share with us what configurations do you apply for this SSID, is Guest Network or Layer 2 isolation? As you said connection was fine but can’t go to internet, do you know if client get the IP or not?

Yes, mesh is to use multiple wireless APs to extend wireless network so you could disable it if you don’t have this scenario. If you don’t mind us to check your setting, please enable the Zyxel support at Help > Support request > Invite Zyxel support as administrator, and provide the Org and Site name in private message for us to check. Thank you.

Regards,

Bella

Hello Bella, I have left a message in the Zyxel support at Help > Support request > Invite Zyxel support as administrator section.

Yes, the SSID in question for Guest is enabled also enables Layer 2 Isolation pathway is set automatically. It gets an IP and connected but no internet. That's very confusing, because I have setup over 100K APs with no issues, not Zyxel by another brand. This is my first Zyxel and love the quality build and radios are amazing. I didn't think it would be this complicated.

I also left extra message in the portal for Help....
  • Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 437  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Achazit

Got it, as you mentioned, enable the Guest Network will automatically enable Layer 2 isolation and intra-BSS blocking that can meet your scenario to set up an isolated SSID.

We have received your ticket and replied you. Let’s track on and clarify the information. Thanks for your feedback of your experience.

Regards,

Bella

Nebula Tips & Tricks