WDS problem and workaround.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,651  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Looking at a packet capture for DHCP by VPN300 I can see a one way traffic for the repeater in that a client connecting can sent a DHCP discover the offer sents but no request and ack. This is when AP root is up and then the repeater that the issue happens and then needing to reboot the AP router for the repeater to work.

• PeterUK
    edited February 2021

When all is working I see the WAX510D reports for the WDS downlink info shows Rx rate and Tx rate but the NWA1123-AC HD for the WDS uplink info only shows Rx rate?

So could the two models not be 100% compatible for a WDS setup?

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @PeterUK,
    The WAX510D and NWA1123-AC HD can be compatible the WDS setup. For your issue, we are checking detail and going to update for you asap. Thanks for your patience.
  • PeterUK
    edited February 2021

In the mean time I tried manually changing the channel this time to 36 and seem to be stable last time I tried 52 and the mesh went down within 24hr so I will see how long 36 stays up for. Disregard it stopped working with manual channel :'(

My thanks for investigating this issue.

• Zyxel_Freda
    Hi @PeterUK,
    The issue is fixing and we will release a date firmware for you in next week. I'll note you when the firmware is ready. 
  • PeterUK

Thats great news thanks

• Zyxel_Freda
    Hi @PeterUK,
    Here's the date firmware for fixing the repeater issue on NWA1123-AC HD. Please download it via below link.
    https://unizyx-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/freda_chen_zyxel_com_tw/EZeJnm5dY4lMty9LYzgiH_0B-eVOBbATYpC3-Sx3Y5rPjA?e=6SVIdy
    If there's any problem, please do not hesitate to let me know.
  • PeterUK
    edited March 2021

Hi

The reboot of the repeater is fixed for joining the mesh but it reports low Rx Rate in WDS link info at 173M which should be 866M if I reboot the AP root it goes to 866M it does not seem to adjusts over time which I'm now doing a uptime test for.

Edit: yup the repeater for RX is stuck at 173M until you reboot the AP root or change the  Radio 2 settings on the repeater.

• Zyxel_Freda
    Hi @PeterUK
    Thanks for your information. Does the link keep in 173M or only when the AP connected at beginning? 
    We'll also check the status and update for you asap.
  • PeterUK
    edited March 2021

Its stays at 173M on first boot of the repeater and never changes over hours gone by.

The only fix is reboot the AP root or change the Radio 2 settings on the repeater just changing Multicast to Unicast to Fixed Multicast Rate re-links the WDS link to 866M Rx.