NSA-325 v2: Problems with disk1 in two different systems

Options
2»

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Theoretically yes, of course. The packages and their configuration are just files, which you can backup and restore. Problem is that on the NSA3xx all packages are merged in a single directory (/usr/local/zy-pkgs/, which is actually a bindmount to a directory on the system volume), so it's not easy to isolate a specific package. To make it worse some extra debris is put in this directory, like package manager logs. On the NAS series this is done better, with one directory per package.
    For MetaRepository and Tweaks you can find the configuration in /usr/local/zy-pkgs/etc/. When you have reinstalled the package, and disabled it, it should be possible to overwrite their config.

When you have some databases in MySQL, make sure you export them using the webinterface (phpMyAdmin) before removing the disk. I don't think you can put back the binary blob in a new installation.

• myZyxel
    myZyxel Posts: 19  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options
    I just replaced the disk with a new formatted one and now the disk check was successfull.

Unfortunately I can't choose any packages in the Package Management. The list is empty even after putting the web_prefix file in \\<NAS>\admin\zy-pkgs\.

I also can't connect to the Shares from my Windows Clients.

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Did you renew the package list? it's some time ago I looked at a 325, there was a 'retrieve package list' button or something like that. First try without a web_prefix file.
    I also can't connect to the Shares from my Windows Clients.
    Have a look in the shares menu. Maybe you have to re-enable the shares.

• myZyxel
    Options
    No luck. I deleted every file in the admin/zy-pkgs. Restart the retrieved files from the internet nothing in the list an only an ZYPKGS file with 0 byte in the folder after retrieving.
  • myZyxel
    Options
    Problem solved!
    TCP-IP was not configured correct.
    Now everything works again.

Thanks a lot for your support (and patience)!!!

Stay healthy

Consumer Product Help Center