BWM Issue....Need help....USG40 Firewall

Options
Jaspal
Jaspal Posts: 8
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi,
If BWM option is selected, the speed gets decreased to 65-72mbps, otherwise speed achieves 120-125mbps. My requirement is bandwidth distribution among clients (40+) , because when someone starts doing high demand bandwidth work, other starts facing net speed issues. I don't have enough knowledge to configure BWM  option precisely. I am new to zyxel USG40 Firewall
Any type of help would be appreciated. If anyone have better solution please let me know...
Thanks in Advance.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,714  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Disable the ADP and UTM options.

Enabling BWM should not decrease your by much the USG40 should be good for 200Mb can you run a speed test without anyone on the network.

You need to put in rate limits on WAN and LAN egress limits in interface under your listed speed -10Mb for you download and 0.1Mb of upload for the BWM to work at its best.

I would also say enable this in the web console:

configure terminal

bwm control-tcp-ack

• soul
    soul Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Options
    Apart from ADP and UTP profiles, traffic statistics also can influence the performance.

You may consider disable traffic statistics as well.
  • Jaspal
    First Comment
    Options
    Sorry for late reply, Today i reset the firewall. Let you know very soon.
  • Jaspal
    First Comment
    Options
    After resetting firewall, all settings vanished. Only Content filter policy and trunk configuration (For dual isp without load balancing) are applied. Now requirement is the distribution of bandwidth among clients. Could anyone guide me?? 
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,714  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2021
    Options

You may fine with just BQM enabled and your egress limits in interface set that the USG does will to give fair bandwidth to all.

If needed you can make a rule using Per-Source-IP for your LAN

incoming LAN1

outgoing WAN1

source your LAN subnet.

Guaranteed Bandwidth for inbound not sure if this is per source IP or total for all and divided by the source IP so some testing might be needed Edit its per source IP know that Shared is total for all not such if Per-Source-IP is the same. You can set a Maximum again not sure if this is per source IP or total for all Edit its per source IP. Priority 1 being the highest 7 the lowest.

When doing incoming LAN1 and outgoing WAN1 inbound is incoming receiving from USG or download and outbound is outgoing senting to USG.

When doing incoming WAN1 and outgoing LAN1 inbound is sending to USG or upload and outbound is receiving from USG.

• Zyxel_Can
    Zyxel_Can Posts: 342  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hi @Jaspal,

I replied in another forum thread with the same topic

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/1190/usg-50-limiting-our-bandwidth-why/p3

Best regards.

• Jaspal
    First Comment
    Options
    Hi Zyxel_Can

I replied to you in this following thread.  i have some quries 

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/comment/30120/#Comment_30120
  • Jaspal
    First Comment
    Options
    Hi Zyxel_Can

I replied to you in the following link thread. 
    please reply 

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/comment/30120/#Comment_30120

Security Highlight