XGS1930-52HP - Layer 3 features supoorted in Nebula Cloud?

dempie
dempie Posts: 17  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi,
if I move a XGS1930-52HP switch into Nebula cloud, are ly3 features like IP interfaces and static routing supported?
Thanks.

dempie

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Good news! IP interface and static routing will soon be supported in the end of this month, stay tuned.  =)

Chris
  • dempie
    Sounds great.
    Are there other features of the XGS1930-52HP which are not supported by Nebula Cloud?
    dempie

• Zyxel_Chris
    Can you let me know what features you will need?
    Chris
  • dempie
    edited March 2021
    e.g. features like ACL, IGMP, unknown mutlicast handling, DHCP server. I know the XGS1930-52HP supports them. But is it true when the switch is managed by Nebula Cloud?

One more question:
    If I purchase one of those switches what happens to my Nebula Cloud account? I fear my account will be degraded to basic if I don't have a pro license in the beginning. The XGS1930 is just Nebula Flex. Or is there a testing period with the switch?

Dennis

• Pook
    Pook Posts: 136  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
    edited March 2021
    You can add the switch to your Nebula but it will consume some of your Pro points and it will reduce the co-termination time.
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Will support ACL (currently it's just IP based) will support MAC based, soon and IGMP unknown multicast drop but no DHCP server.

For your second question, for instance if your org's license point can be used until May, and after you registered one of the switch (without license) then the expired date will be reduce to April since it is the co-termination.

Chris
  • dempie
    edited March 2021
    Regarding features: Really great. More than I expected.

Second question: My org is lifetime. So I have no Nebula points. Is it possible to test XGS1930 with Nebula Cloud without licensing in the beginning?

Dennis

• Zyxel_Chris
    LLL Org. will need the license otherwise you cannot registered the device, but you can still see them in Nebula GUI, those features behavior are same as standalone.

Chris
  • dempie
    Is it possible to get a time limited license just for testing to see if managing the switch via Cloud works as expected with all the features I need?

dempie

• Zyxel_Chris
    I think you can create another new organization then will have the 30 days trial for you to done the test. :)
    Chris

Nebula Tips & Tricks