Dual WAN and Port Forwarding

Options
ModHomeTech
ModHomeTech Posts: 4
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi,
USG110 Firewall.
Can I run a dual WAN with WAN1 being the main internet connection and WAN2 being used for port forwarding from the outside?  
Also I would setup a failover feature in case WAN1 is down but most interested in the port forwarding on WAN2.

WAN1 would be LTE internet from T Mobile.  They use a carrier grade nat so no access from the outside on the T Mobile system.  
WAN2 would be a PTP connection being served by a fiber modem on a neighboring Island.  Fiber modem has static IP address and allows for port forwarding.  

All Replies

• ModHomeTech
    Options
    Nobody here knows if I can use WAN1 for everyday internet while at the same time use WAN2 to port forward into various devices on the network?
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,848  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Should be possible just I don't have that setup.

Is the  LTE internet from T Mobile by USB?

as for WAN2 I guess you setup a PPP for a PTPP connection that you can NAT incoming connections. 
  • ModHomeTech
    Options
    The LTE from T Mobile uses one of their modems that has a network jack output.  That jack is connected to P1 on the USG.

The WAN2 is point to point what I was referring to as PTP.  The radio has cat5 out that is connected to P2 on the USG.  
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,848  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2021
    Options
    So PTP you need to enter user name and password by pptp, pppoe or l2tp
  • ModHomeTech
    Options
    For the PTP i have a fiber modem located on San Juan Island.  That fiber modem sends internet to an Araknis 310 router.  Out of the LAN on the Araknis the cat5 goes to a Cambium Force 300-25 radio and antenna.  The Cambium sends the signal wirelessly 1.25 miles to Henry Island.  

On Henry Island we have another Cambium Force 300-25 and the cat5 goes from this radio into P2 on the USG110.  

• Zyxel_Can
    Zyxel_Can Posts: 342  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hi @ModHomeTech,

For that first please create 2 interface IP address object for LTE and PPPoE interfaces;

Then create new trunk interface, set LTE interface as active, PPPoE as passive;

Then please create a NAT from PPPoE interface;

Best regards.

Security Highlight