Latest Resilio Sync on Nas326

lucesan
lucesan Posts: 10  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited March 2021 in Personal Cloud Storage
Is there a way to install the latest Resilio Sync version (2.7) on a zyxel nas326? The latest btsync supported version is 1.4 and it has some issues and struggles to keep synching with the latest resilio destop app. Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    According to Resilio's website rslsync is a drop-in replacement for btsync. So, assuming you have installed the btsync zypkg now, disable it. Download the Resilio Sync tarball for Linux Armhf, and extract rslsync. Put it on the NAS in /i-data/sysvol/.PKG/btsync/bin/, and edit /i-data/sysvol/.PKG/btsync/etc/init.d/btsync. On line 176 change '${PKG_ROOT}/bin/btsync' in '${PKG_ROOT}/bin/rslsync'. On line 181 'pidof btsync' must become 'pidof rslsync'.
    Now enable the btsync package. It should work.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    According to Resilio's website rslsync is a drop-in replacement for btsync. So, assuming you have installed the btsync zypkg now, disable it. Download the Resilio Sync tarball for Linux Armhf, and extract rslsync. Put it on the NAS in /i-data/sysvol/.PKG/btsync/bin/, and edit /i-data/sysvol/.PKG/btsync/etc/init.d/btsync. On line 176 change '${PKG_ROOT}/bin/btsync' in '${PKG_ROOT}/bin/rslsync'. On line 181 'pidof btsync' must become 'pidof rslsync'.
    Now enable the btsync package. It should work.

• lucesan
    lucesan Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2021
    I followed your instructions and it worked like a charm. I was trying to switch to syncthing, last version of which recently popped up in may nas app list, but it seems to me less easy to use and reliable than resilio and a lot more hungry of resources. Am I wrong? Anyway, thank you very much for your precious help.

• Nebula
    Nebula Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Hey, How do I install Resilio Sync on my Zyxel NAS if I haven't had Bittorrent yet? I don't get along with the instructions from the website

• Mijzelf
    @Nebula: First install MetaRepository (scroll down for instructions), then you can install btsync like any zypkg. For the moment there is no Resillio Sync zypkg.

Consumer Product Help Center