NWA210-AX and 160Mhz

boing98
boing98 Posts: 3
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
So I set up a SSID for 5Ghz only, and enabled 160Mhz bandwidth, yet in the Radio settings menu in Nebula, 5Ghz channel width, only 20, 40, & 80 are displayed, even though the AP shows at the bottom of the screen Channel Width 160Mhz. Firmware is V6.10(ABTD.8)

All Replies

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @boing98

We have a tips to remind about the 160MHz only can be supported on specific models and must be configured in the AP list.

The channel-width setting here is for site wide setting. So far, not all models support 160MHz. To avoid mis-configuration from customers' side, we will not list 160MHz here. 
    If you want to check the 160MHz channel, you can go to AP monitor page to realize the detail.

Joslyn
  • boing98
    First Comment
    edited March 2021
    Joslyn,
    As stated in the title, this is in reference to a NWA210AX, which is Wifi6/160Mhz supporting supposedly. I have followed the limited instructions on editing the AP list, and applying 160Mhz, but once applied, it does not show up in the monitor page as 160Mhz.

Here are screen shots:
    Showing Model and that 160Mhz is applied:

Showing Model, and that it is up to date and channel spread:

Showing the missing ability for selecting 160Mhz:

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @boing98

As I mentioned in previous response, the channel-width setting here is for site wide setting. NCC will push this configuration for all APs in the AP list. So far, not all models support 160MHz. To avoid mis-configuration from customers' side, we will not list 160MHz here. 

Joslyn
  • boing98
    First Comment
    So where then on a supported model do you implement 160?
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    edited March 2021
     Hi @boing98

So far, NWA210AX, WAX610D, WAX650S support 160MHz.
    1. We have to configure the 160MHz in the AP list.  Access point > Configure > Radio settings > Access point.

2. It is 160MHz if there are 8 channels.

3. We will implement 160MHz in the channel width list in the future.

Joslyn

• Sorry for bumping this topic, but I had the exact same question. Thanks for the clear explanation, which makes sense.

I can't seem to find the Access point > Configure > Radio settings > Access point screen?

Since I got my access point today, I am still using the Base Pack version of Nebula. Do I need another license to change these settings in Nebula?

Thanks,
    Jim

• PS I have purchased the Pro license, but I still can't seem to find the Radio Setting per access point (not the side wide). Any pointers are appreciated.

• saltet
    saltet Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    First Comment

i have basepack and a 650 ap. I can’t neither see radiosetting - accesspoint as was the guidens to make the change.
    Do I need an other license level.

• saltet
    saltet Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Now hava I found the setting.
    You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page radiosetting where the ap,s are shown. Click on the ap you want to change and a new window will open.

• jpblanch75
    jpblanch75 Posts: 98  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited January 21

To access 160mhz you need to use the channels below 149….

Its not worth it…. I saw zero speed difference.

Nebula Tips & Tricks