Bricked AP

IT_Field_Support
IT_Field_Support Posts: 97  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hi,

I need the procedure to recover a NWA5123-AC which has been restarted during firmware update.

Thanks,

IT Field

All Replies

• Paradeiser
    Paradeiser Posts: 1  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2021
    After the latest firmware update V6.10(AAZY.10)  Patch 10 one of my NWA5123-AC also seemed bricked.
    I had to use the reset button on the back.

Now it's showing the green LED but still my Controller (Zywall110) shows it as off-line?

Also, some of my WLAN clients (connected to the remaining APs) didn't get an IP assignment by the DHCP anymore.

This update broke my network.

Anyone else having issues?
    paradeiser
  • Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 2021

Hi @Paradeiser

Welcome to Zyxel community!

Can you provide NWA5123-AC are controlled by Zywall110 upgraded from which version to V6.10(AAZY.10)?

Do you see the DHCP IP for wireless clients related logs on Zywall110?

If the clients can't get IP assignment by the DHCP it will show logs, please provide to us. Thanks.

Regards,

Bella

• IT_Field_Support
    Hi,

I can confirm that I have the same problem on many of my routers after the 4.62 update. Some AP are able to upgrade themself to 6.10 but I need to setup CAPWAP mode on the router. But I always have one AP which fail to update and stay on update mode doing nothing. Even after a reboot the AP is doing nothing.
    It's a lot of lost AP because of this update.

• Zyxel_Bella

Hi @IT_Field_Support

Since different AP controller has its own local firmware of AP models, we’d like confirm with you the controller’s model. You said AP is upgraded to V6.10 so we assumed AP model is NWA5123-AC because most APs is pointed to V6.20 now. Please correct me if I misunderstand. We’ll try to reproduce with same conditions as yours.

For AP Firmware Updating, FTP no longer support due to security protection so you must setup CAPWAP mode or AP won’t upgrade.

The AP which fail to update is possible to access and collect diaginfo for us to check?

You can provide file to me through private message. Thanks

Regards,

Bella

• IT_Field_Support
    The problem is that after 4.62 upgrade, some of the AP are doing the firmware update, (using capwap) and some others never do it and they stay greyed out. I don't know how to I can get you the log as these greyed out AP are not accessible. and they blink green and orange. sometime we can recover them but we lost a few. We have hundreds of router USG40W with an average of 5 AP connected to each router. During this firmware migration, I think we lost arround 1 AP by router, average, sometimes more.

• Zyxel_Bella

Hi @IT_Field_Support

If the AP just un-managed by USG but still can provide wireless service, you could connect to the SSID then access the AP’s IP to collect diaginfo at MAINTENNANCE > Diagnostics.

We have to check diagnostic of USG, please also provide to us.

I’ve send you message to inquiry information. Thank you.

Regards,

Bella