Bugs found in NR2101

AndrewGrill
AndrewGrill Posts: 3
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
Just taken delivery of the new NR2101 5G MiFi.

I've found some bugs the ZYXTel team need to be aware of.

If you change the 5GHz WiFi channel from auto to any other channel, then 5G becomes disabled and even though 2.4GHz is turned off it becomes enabled. 5G indicator is on the device screen but WiFi spectrum analyser shows 2.4G signal. The whole WiFi module then becomes unstable and won’t even connect properly at 2.4G and frequency connects then disconnects and reboots randomly.

I had to factory restore to get the device back in a usable state again.

This is major flaw.

Also in the next firmware update can you change it so the admin page can be on when the screen is on - booting you off the admin page when the screen is on is not desirable.

Below are the firmware / software versions of this unit.

Zyxel Firmware version: V1.00(ABUS.3)C0

Software version: RXLG1.27.00.232_0R03

MiFi Software version: AXDG1.27.00.188_0R03

All Replies

• Bob_C
    Bob_C Posts: 165  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi Andrew, 

My NR2101's firmware is the same as yours, I follow below scenarios but none of the scenarios show unstable WiFi in the end. 

I connect my mobile phone to the 2.4 GHz SSID first, disconnect it and connect to the 5 GHz SSID next, disconnect it. Then I start each scenario.

Scenario 1
    1. Switch 5 GHz SSID's channel from auto to 48. 
    2. Connect my phone to the 5 GHz SSID. 
    3. Monitor the Internet access by opening web pages and ping.

Scenario 2
    1. Disable 2.4 GHz SSID. 
    2. Switch 5 GHz SSID's channel from auto to 48. 
    3. Connect my phone to the 5 GHz SSID. 
    4. Monitor the Internet access by opening web pages and ping.
    5. Switch 5 GHz SSID's channel to another one, do step 3 and step 4. Keep this cycle until all 5 GHz channels are tested. 

Questions: 
    (1) Do you notice WiFi becomes not stable immediately after switching 5 GHz SSID's channel?
    (2) Do you always see this problem when you switch the 5 GHz SSID's channel?

---------
    For your second question, do you mean that the admin page can be independent from the touchscreen, i.e. if one is turning on, the other is not necessarily to be off?

Bob
  • Hi Bob- to answer your questions
    Questions: 
    (1) Do you notice WiFi becomes not stable immediately after switching 5 GHz SSID's channel? Yes
    (2) Do you always see this problem when you switch the 5 GHz SSID's channel? Yes

---------
    For your second question, do you mean that the admin page can be independent from the touchscreen, i.e. if one is turning on, the other is not necessarily to be off?

Just that if you're on the admin web page on a device and you enable the touch screen (or it comes on by itself) it shouldn't throw you off the web page. No MiFi I've ever owned does this.

• Also in the scenario above, I had the 2.4GHz turned off - ie I only have 5GHz enabled. When I change the 5GHz channel with 2.4GHz off the above happpens.

Consumer Product Help Center