Multi X drops Wifi randomly

I have 4 Multy Xs throughout the house, 1 Primary and 3 additional nodes in Daisy Chain topology. 

Our phones keep getting the Wifi with "no internet", which means it is connected with IP to Multy but is not getting any data. Mostly happens when we walk from one room to another, but many times my phone sitting in front of me stops getting wifi data and says "no internet". Just disabling/enabling wifi on phones solves the problem.

Issue is happening of different devices - Google Pixels, OnePlus and Samsung Galaxy phones. 

Not sure if this is because Multys are trying to negotiate and they think I am connected to the other Multy and drop the data.. ? 

Really really frustrating 

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @ChakkDay

1.Please kindly provide your network topology
    2.May I know what firmware version is your Multy devices currently using?
    3.Do all the clients encounter the issue simultaneously, or does it happen randomly at a different time?
    4.When the issue happens, could the device ping the gateway of the Multy?
    5.Please send us the feedback on the Multy APP.
    6.If you have any concerns to share the information, you can send us the information by private message us.

• ChakkDay
    ChakkDay Posts: 3
    First Anniversary
    edited May 2021
    1.Please kindly provide your network topology
    - Daisy Chain

2.May I know what firmware version is your Multy devices currently using?
    - V2.20(ABKJ.5)C0
    on all nodes

3.Do all the clients encounter the issue simultaneously, or does it happen randomly at a different time?
    - Yes - all clients show the same 

4.When the issue happens, could the device ping the gateway of the Multy?
    - Phone shows no connectivity so does not ping; 

5.Please send us the feedback on the Multy APP.
    - Done

6.If you have any concerns to share the information, you can send us the information by private message u
    - No Concerns; Please resolve the issue. There seem to many other folks in the same boat.

• ChakkDay
    ChakkDay Posts: 3
    First Anniversary
    I have sent via Multy App also. This is very concerning as I have heavily invested into Zyxel Multys and issue has been crippling our phones and we are using all the cell phone data as a result. 
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @ChakkDay

We've received your feedback from the Multy APP, we'll contact you via email.

Consumer Product Help Center