Guest network can connect to admin page AP

HansW
HansW Posts: 3
i am new with Zyxel and I am configuring an guest network. I don't have vlan support. I created an new SSID guest network in Nebule and set the slider for guest network to On, contact my client to this new SSID and did an ip scan. The most other clients in the netwerk I can't contact with, only with the gateway and the management page of the AP. For the gateway I understand, but why can I contact to the management page of the AP, is that normal behavior? And what can I do to disable this?
The accespoint I have is AC1200

Best Answers

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓

but why can I contact to the management page of the AP, is that normal behavior? And what can I do to disable this?

Did you setup any kind of setting for not allowing this?
    Does guest and "not guest" SSID share the same subnet?
  • HansW
    Answer ✓
    I didn't setup anything els than set the slider enable guest network and I have only one subnet for the guests and normal clients.
    It is an simple network without managed switches, use of vlan's isn't possible here.

All Replies

• mMontana
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓

but why can I contact to the management page of the AP, is that normal behavior? And what can I do to disable this?

Did you setup any kind of setting for not allowing this?
    Does guest and "not guest" SSID share the same subnet?
  • HansW
    Answer ✓
    I didn't setup anything els than set the slider enable guest network and I have only one subnet for the guests and normal clients.
    It is an simple network without managed switches, use of vlan's isn't possible here.
  • mMontana
    Therefore, unless the AP you're using can behave like a router, Guest SSID would work exactly as the non-Guest SSID.
    I suggest you to buy enough switches vLan-capable and create a network in your router/firewall...
  • HansW
    So what is the added value of the guest network? With other brands you have the option for guest network as well and then you can't reach anything on the local network, you can only connect to the Internet.

Nebula Tips & Tricks