LTE5388-M804 sms don't work

MM_mm
MM_mm Posts: 1
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
Hi, I have recently purchased the LTE5388-M804 router that I am using with a WindTre sim and both internet browsing and telephone calls works well. On the other hand, I can't get sms to work. When I enable the function from the menù "impostazioni di rete/broadband/cellular sms", it seems to be activated but, then just change the menu page and go back, and find the disabled function again. In any case, I cannot receive or even send sms. I tried looking for where to manually enter the message center number but couldn't find where to do it. Who can help me? Sorry for my not good english. Thank you.

All Replies

• Zyxel_CPE
    Zyxel_CPE Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments First Answer
    Hi MM_mm, 

The current design allows users to receive or to send SMS. 
    If you would like to read SMSs, please click "SMS Inbox Enable".
    The SMSs will appear few seconds later. 
    If you would like to send an SMS, please click "+ Add New Message". 
    You can then send a message over there. 

In terms of the design where the SMSs will disappear after users go to the other page and come back to the SMS page, the LTE5388's team is aware that the current design is not user friendly. 
    In the next formal firmware release, the new firmware will introduce the new design. 
    Once users activates the button to show SMSs, they will be displayed even after users switch to the other pages and come back to the SMS page. 

Regards, 

Bob

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Also don't forget to verify if the Short Message Dispatch service (Centro servizi) is correctly configured for your mobile provider.

Consumer Product Help Center