DNS Content filter error

Options
Mario
Mario Posts: 104  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security
Hi
Just have a wrong/strange detection on the DNS content filter, can someone verify this?
I like to open this page: https://neon.epson-europe.com/, but I get:

Web Page Blocked!!

You have tried to access a web page which belongs to a DNS Filter category that is blocked.

When I check this Domain on the ATP200 i get:
DNS Content Filter Category: Business

But this category isn't blocket on my Profile. Why I get this error?
When I try www.epson.eu, I can visit the page and this is also in the Category Business.

Any Ideas how to fix it?

All Replies

• travisb
    travisb Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    Seeing similar issues as of this week. indeed.com for one of our devices. Contacted support they tried to update ip reputation definitions but no changes. Support also disabled all filtering and nothing but yesterday definitions got released for IP reputation and it's now working. Seems like the device should have allowed once security was disabled so not sure. Sorry for no exact fix but curious what your results are.
  • Mario
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security
    Options
    Hi travisb
    Thanks for the feedback, sounds similar to my problem.
    Maybe I can get an feedback from Zyxel Staff?
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,450  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi @Mario,

Can you take a screenshot on blocked page (included blocked page URL) and device log. 
    I didn't see the issue in lab test. Does this issue occur every time?
    If yes, please send me your configuration in PM.

Assume the issue happens again please help us to take screenshot about device blocked log and IP reputation version.

Log page: Type keyword X.X.X.X for log filter.

• Mario
    Options
    Now it's working, so I don't have a Log from this event.
  • lytespeed
    lytespeed Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    @Zyxel_Cooldia We are seeing this same problem at a client site when they try to access https://v.cvtapp.com/madmin/login/index -- They are greeted by the "Web Page Blocked!!" landing page. We have disabled all DNS and Content Filtering and are still not able to reach the page.
  • Mario
    Options
    @lytespeed : try to access the page in a private tab.
    After whitelistning my browser showed still the "block page", a private tab was working.
    (but this is not the solution for the issue, it's just a workarround..)
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,450  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Can you send your configuration file via private message? We would like to test based your configuration file.

Security Highlight