Is It Possible To Restrict The Speed Of An Individual Client For A Particular SSID

businessuer
businessuer Posts: 134  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Question stated as above. 

Or Speed Of An Individual Client for an entire site. 

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @businessuer

Nebula provides rate limiting feature to restrict one client’s rate when the client connects to the specific SSID. But it can’t apply on the specific client.

You can configure rate limiting on the specific SSID at Access point > Configure > Authentication. Select the SSID that you want to restrict then set the limiting value.

Regards,

Bella

All Replies

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Hi @businessuer

Nebula provides rate limiting feature to restrict one client’s rate when the client connects to the specific SSID. But it can’t apply on the specific client.

You can configure rate limiting on the specific SSID at Access point > Configure > Authentication. Select the SSID that you want to restrict then set the limiting value.

Regards,

Bella

• businessuer
    Can add a feature to restrict specific client?
  • Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    edited July 2021
    Hi @businessuer,

Thanks for your comment, and of course we can put your request into our feature list, but could you please first share your scenario/story to us? There might have other mechanisms to fulfill your requirement before the new feature is implemented, once we know your scenario, we can propose a more precise solution to you. On top of that, a clear scenario also helps us to make sure our new implemented feature can actually meet customer's needs and application scenario.

Welcome to use private message to me if it's not available for you to share your scenario through this public post.

Best Regards,
    Richard
  • businessuer
    Take for example I have a group of staff connected to staff wifi.
    I want the speed of my staff to be restricted to a certain speed or cannot surf certain website.
    However, I want my management to have unrestricted speed and lesser restrictions (probably one to 2 people.) 
  • Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    @businessuer

In your scenario, you may create two SSIDs for staff and management (with different password being set), and set the rate limit and other network access restriction on the SSID for staff.

This way those management won't be restricted by any of the rules when connection to their own SSID.

Best Regards,
    Richard

Nebula Tips & Tricks