VMG8825-T50 - Looking for port forwarding help please

Options
JimmyF
JimmyF Posts: 3
Friend Collector
edited August 2021 in Home Router
Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help with this. I have spent literally hours trying to get this to work, googling high and low and come across several other users with the same situation - none of which I found a resolution to.

I have done/tried:
  • Port forwarding in the router
  • Ensuring UPnP is on
  • Putting my desktops LAN IP in the DMZ
  • Lowering the Firewall protection level in the router
  • Opening the ports in Windows Firewall
  • Checking they're open in command prompt
But in spite of this, when I go online to check (see last image), it comes back as blocked :s.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this/what I'm missing? It would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

• JimmyF
    Friend Collector
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @tonygibbs16

I appreciate your response/input. I wanted 2/internet to LAN but I have managed to figure out what's going on. Turns out it's to do with the ISP (Origin broadband). From what I gather, they're running CGNAT (Carrier-grade Network Address Translation) and have blocked port forwarding from their side hence all my efforts have been pointless and fruitless. This can be 'fixed' by paying for a static IP for the nominal sum of £1.49. Hope this helps someone else in the future.

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 841  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hello @JimmyF

Can you please confirm which direction you want port forwarding to happen?
    1. LAN to Internet?
    2. Internet to LAN?
    If it number 1, then it is happening already in order to get to the world wide web, because the router will be doing port address translation / overload NAT in order to give you Internet access.

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • JimmyF
    Friend Collector
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @tonygibbs16

I appreciate your response/input. I wanted 2/internet to LAN but I have managed to figure out what's going on. Turns out it's to do with the ISP (Origin broadband). From what I gather, they're running CGNAT (Carrier-grade Network Address Translation) and have blocked port forwarding from their side hence all my efforts have been pointless and fruitless. This can be 'fixed' by paying for a static IP for the nominal sum of £1.49. Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Consumer Product Help Center