Any news on Nebula RESTful API ?

Hello,

I would like to know if there are any updates about a public API ?
In my case, I'm just looking to get basic usages like :
  • Is AP Online ?
  • How many clients connected ?
Thanks,
Julien

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,591  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Julien_R,

May I know why you would like to use API to monitor these two purposes?
    Since your purposes can be monitored on Nebula.

Zyxel Melen

• Of course, my company provides public wifi in public places (hotel, restaurant, park...), and only the technical team is allowed to access on Nebula.

We have a client area on our website where our customer can check their invoices, contact the support ... And we would like to add a category "statut", where they can see theses informations.

Edit : I just saw I duplicate this topic right there : https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/11564/any-news-on-nebula-restful-api#latest , and I think I dont have the permissions to delete it.

Thanks,
    Julien

• Of course, my company provides public wifi in public places (hotel, restaurant, park...), and only the technical team is allowed to access on Nebula.

We have a client area on our website where our customer can check their invoices, contact the support ... And we would like to add a category "statut", where they can see theses informations.

Edit : I just saw I duplicate this topic right there : https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/11564/any-news-on-nebula-restful-api#latest , and I think I dont have the permissions to delete it.

Thanks,
    Julien

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,591  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Thanks for your feedback.
    The information about AP online is available in current public API, but information about how many clients isn't support now since there was no request for this feature.
    I will change your topic to idea section and we will monitor if there has other user need this feature.
    In addition, the public API is a NCC Pro Pack feature. Your organization should be a Pro organization to use public API.

Zyxel Melen

• I have 2 homes setup with a Z-wave based home automation system and having information within the domotica app is usefull. Online status, data consumed. Things like that. Most important is being able to detect "#clients connected", as this could help determine if a house is occupied. Netgear has this type of integration in their WiFi products.
    I'm not a pro-pack type of customer, just private homes, that I like to automate and have some basic integration from the WiFi system. Maybe you can consider a few very basic API functions to be available without the extra license and then the more advanced through a pro license. Most Domotica systems allow for API integration by defining quick-apps, virtual devices.  

Nebula Tips & Tricks