NBG-419N v2 router not working when WIFI button is ON

Cristal
Cristal Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited November 2018 in Home Router
Hey guys

I got this router from Zyxel, model number NBG-419N v2, im using it now for several years.

Today my internet was not working, not the WIFI and not the laptop that is conected to a LAN port.
All the leds(WAN and LAN) where off and just blinking from time to time(several seconds intervals)

I tried to enter the routers set up menu but i could not! I tried everything to make it work(powered it off and on) and somehow i thought to turn off the WIFI button on the back of the router.
All of a sudden the WAN and LAN port leds where on and the interned started to work again on my laptop.

Now i could even enter the setup menu, i did a factory reset from the button on the back of the router, i did the set up again entering all my ISP data but when i turn on the WIFI button again everything is crashing and not working.

When WIFI button is on i have no internet via WIFI and nor via LAN cable.What could be wrong? Can someone help me?

Thanks!

#Router_Nov_2018

All Replies

• Hill
    Hill Posts: 156  Master Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Can you provide your network topology?
    What is the firmware version of your NBG-419N v2?

Please try to enable HW WiFi Button and do HW reset, then NBG-419N v2 is only connected a laptop via LAN, is the problem still existed?

• Cristal
    Hey

Thanks for the reply. Here is the firmware of my router: 
    V1.00(AACU.7)C0

I dont really know what you mean by network topology. I did all the steps, i factory reset the router multiple times. It seems that is something related to the router, even if i have the internet cable out of the rooter when i pus the WIFI button on everything is going awkward, i cant even access the routers setup page via the routers IP. Nothing is working when i push on that button, like the router is dead, leds are blinking from time to time chaotically. 
  • Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    We have contacted you via private message. Please kindly check your message box.
  • Cristal
    Hello Steven, i replied to the PM, thanks!
  • Yolita
    Yolita Posts: 1
    I need help, also problem
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Yolita ,
    Would you provide the detail issue symptom for us?
    Thanks.
  • zelenimarsovac
    zelenimarsovac Posts: 2
    edited September 2021
    Cristal said:
    Hey guys

I got this router from Zyxel, model number NBG-419N v2, im using it now for several years.

Today my internet was not working, not the WIFI and not the laptop that is conected to a LAN port.
    All the leds(WAN and LAN) where off and just blinking from time to time(several seconds intervals)

I tried to enter the routers set up menu but i could not! I tried everything to make it work(powered it off and on) and somehow i thought to turn off the WIFI button on the back of the router.
    All of a sudden the WAN and LAN port leds where on and the interned started to work again on my laptop.

Now i could even enter the setup menu, i did a factory reset from the button on the back of the router, i did the set up again entering all my ISP data but when i turn on the WIFI button again everything is crashing and not working.

When WIFI button is on i have no internet via WIFI and nor via LAN cable.What could be wrong? Can someone help me?

Thanks!

#Router_Nov_2018
    Hi everybody. Exactly the same problem here with the same model.

I tried resetting it to factory defaults, but to no avail. It acts the same after the reset. I can access the router's menu and use the Internet only when the WiFi button is off. And if I turn the WiFi button on - the router is completely useless.

Firmware version: V1.00(AACU.7)C0

Downgrading to V1.00(AACU.5)C0 doesn't help. I tried.

Is there a solution? Can somebody help me please?
  • Hill
    Hill Posts: 156  Master Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    It looks like it is hardware issue, and this model is quite old.
    Maybe you can consider for the new model.
  • tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 823  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited September 2021
    Hello @zelenimarsovac

I agree with @Hill that you might want to consider a newer device. The latest firmware release for your NBG-419Nv2 was in 2015.

Looking at the release note from 2015, see ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/NBG-419N_v2/firmware/NBG-419Nv2_V1.00(AACU.7)C0_ReleaseNote.pdf , there was a bug fix done for poor WiFi performance but that might not be your issue.

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • zelenimarsovac
    zelenimarsovac Posts: 2
    edited September 2021
    Yes, I think it is probably a hardware issue, since nothing I tried helped. I was afraid of that. It served me well. RIP my old two-antenna friend. Thank you all for your advices.

Consumer Product Help Center