Configuring a complete new organization before buying HW

Sébastien
Sébastien Posts: 41  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited October 2021 in Nebula
Hi everyone,

I just wondered if it is possible to configure a complete multi-site new org on Nebula without buying the HW first ?

The HW is on the road and I have time now for configuring the org while delivery is in progress.

In a blank site, I'm invited to add a firewall/gateway by choosing the model but it doesn't appear in the VPN Orchestrator to prepare the future intersites VPN connections.

One other question : how will I be able to add the MAC/SN number to this firewall later when it will be delivered ? 

Thanks,

Sébastien

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Jason
    Zyxel_Jason Posts: 394  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Sébastien,

Nebula CC supports pre-configure for some settings before the device is registered/added to the site.
    However, you mentioned that you would like to configure Site-to-Site VPN related settings.

To enable Site-to-Site VPN, you will need the USG FLEX added to the site on NCC.
    If you have already had MAC/SN on your hand before receiving the hardware, you may register/add the MAC/SN to the site first, then you may do the pre-configuration for VPN.

For registration steps, you may refer to this link.

Hope it helps.

Jason

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jason
    Zyxel_Jason Posts: 394  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Sébastien,

Nebula CC supports pre-configure for some settings before the device is registered/added to the site.
    However, you mentioned that you would like to configure Site-to-Site VPN related settings.

To enable Site-to-Site VPN, you will need the USG FLEX added to the site on NCC.
    If you have already had MAC/SN on your hand before receiving the hardware, you may register/add the MAC/SN to the site first, then you may do the pre-configuration for VPN.

For registration steps, you may refer to this link.

Hope it helps.

Jason
  • Sébastien
    Sébastien Posts: 41  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Hi @Zyxel_Jason,

Ok so for advanced configuration I need to add a "real" device with SN/MAC first.

Thanks for your reply.

Sébastien

Nebula Tips & Tricks