Is it possible to set up the DHCP IP range which the Zyxel Multy X?

Hi
I have a Zyxel Multy X, and need to set up some fixed IP addresses for the devices that is connecting to the Zyxel, and som. others are dynamic. 
Is it possible to set up the address area the Zyxel is handing out the addresses from?

Best Answers

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Tande

I agree. But without the user interface for it, then it seems like you cannot do on the Multy X what you would like to do.

If you put the Multy X into Bridge mode, then you might have the control you want using the DHCP functions on the router that the Multy X is connected to.

Kind regards,
          Tony
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @Tande

Multy X doesn't support custom DHCP scopes.
    If you have a router which connected before Multy X, you can set Multy X as bridge mode. 

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    edited October 2021
    Hello @Tande

If you have a Multy X WSQ50, then there seems to be no way to do it in the Multy X because that does not have DHCP in it, according to the user guide at https://download.zyxel.com/Multy_X_(WSQ50)/user_guide/Multy%20X%20(WSQ50)_V2.0.0%20ed2.pdf
         - except it does, see my later reply.

So, I think that you need to do it on the DHCP settings of the router that the Multy X is attached to.
          - and make that router give out static IP addresses for certain MAC addresses and then change the range of the DHCP on the router to not overlap with the static IP addresses.

I have done this DHCP configuration on a Zyxel VMG router, in my case a VMG1312-B10D.

I hope that this is helpful.

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • tonygibbs16
    Hello @Tande

It seems that you might need to set your Multy X into bridge mode in order to disable its internal hidden DHCP server.

Zyxel say how to do this at https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360003298179-When-and-how-to-use-Bridge-NAT-mode-on-Multy- using the Multi app.

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • Tande
    Tande Posts: 2
    The Multy X do hand out IP addresses for mobile and PC connected to it (In NAT mode), so it have to have some kind of DHCP service.  But they have not put inn any user interface for it. 
  • tonygibbs16
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Tande

I agree. But without the user interface for it, then it seems like you cannot do on the Multy X what you would like to do.

If you put the Multy X into Bridge mode, then you might have the control you want using the DHCP functions on the router that the Multy X is connected to.

Kind regards,
          Tony
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @Tande

Multy X doesn't support custom DHCP scopes.
    If you have a router which connected before Multy X, you can set Multy X as bridge mode. 

Consumer Product Help Center