NSG200 low internet bandwith on WAN

Options
kuzo
kuzo Posts: 3
Friend Collector
Hi,
We have a 1000 mbps internet connection, but over the network I can measure only 80-90 mbps with NSG200. In the local network client to client the gigabit working flawlessly. Is there any way to test the bandwith in the NSG200 menu somehow? Where should I find a solution?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 340  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @kuzo,

Welcome to Zyxel Community!
    May I know what are the security services running on your NSG200?
    The more security service enabled, the less bandwidth to the Internet.
    For example, Anti-virus, IDP (Prevention consumes more resource), Application-Patrol. 

Is there any way to test the bandwith in the NSG200 menu somehow?
    Sorry that there is no bandwidth measurement tool on NCC or NSG, so you could test the throughtput on client PC via speedtest.net.

Adam
  • kuzo
    Friend Collector
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi @Zyxel_Adam,
    Thanks for your answer.
    There's no security services running as far as I know, as the "Pro Pack" is not active, so I can't check. 

I think all of these are available under the "Security service" menu, right?
  • Zyxel_Adam
    Options
    @kuzo,

Except Application-Patrol is in Firewall page, the other two services are under Security service page.

Could you please provide me your organization name and enable Zyxel support at HELP > Support request page and click save button so that we will have the privilege to check the status of Securiry service for your NSG200? 
    Adam
  • kuzo
    Friend Collector
    Options
    @Zyxel_Adam
    That menu is grey without pro pack and no chance to change:

Our organization name is LSK Hungaria. I switched on the support access. Thank you!
  • Zyxel_Adam
    Options
    @kuzo,

Thanks for the privilege.
    After checking from our backend, there is no license that is activated on your NSG200, so the throughput should not be only around 80-90 mbps.

Could you please provide a remore PC to us in private message so that we can test throughput issue during off-peak time?
    Adam

Nebula Tips & Tricks