"Can not connect to server" error

Options
DerLord
DerLord Posts: 18  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
Hello,

sadly, I can't use the new Nebula App, as it doesn't let me log in.

If I open it, it shows me the 3 introduction "slides". When I push "Start" there, the app loads a few seconds and then displays a "Could not connect to the server" error.

I'm getting this for over a month now, and it doesn't matter if I use mobile data or WLAN. I also cleared data and cache and even reinstalled the whole app. The issue persists.

What can I do?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,632  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hi @DerLord,

Thanks for consulting us.
    Since we have a customer had same error message before and his root cause was DNS issue, may you help to install a 3rd party ping tool(like Ping Tools Network Utilities) to nslookup this domain name "nebula.zyxel.com" and share the result to us?
    Also need you screenshot the IP address of your phone.

By the way, may I also know when did you try to click start button and pop out the error message?
    May you try it again and let me know the time(also need your time zone) when you try so we can check the log?

Zyxel Melen

• DerLord
    Options
    Hey @Zyxel_Melen,

it appears one of my sights was in "Cloud saving mode". After disabling this, the app worked just fine.

And for the "Start button"; I just started up the app, swiped through the intro slides and pushed the big green "start" button. After a few seconds, the error popped up. I had this over the course of weeks and throughout different times of the day.

As I said, it's working now. The only thing I changed was the cloud saving mode.
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,632  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hi @DerLord,

Glad to hear that you can login and the app worked fine.

About the error message, we think it is not relate to Cloud saving mode but network issue since Cloud saving mode won't affect login. 

If the issue happen again, may you help to screen shot the message and record the time for us to check?
    Thanks.

Zyxel Melen

• DerLord
    Options
    Yes, I will do so!

Nebula Tips & Tricks