Big Speed Problem Nas326 - max 10mb Upload-download

Options
nsanity
nsanity Posts: 3
edited November 2021 in Personal Cloud Storage
hi, i bought a zyxel nas326 yesterday.
My internet speed is fixed 100mbit download - 10mbit upload speed

I set up my Nas server, when I try to transfer files from my home to my computer, I see a maximum upload speed of 10mb and a maximum download speed of max 10mb. This is so annoying, am I doing something wrong?

I tried to transfer files from FTP, the result did not change
I tried to transfer the files from the interface, the result did not change
I tried to transfer the files from the network center as folders, the result did not change.

I tried 2 different file types as an example
1000 files of 1gb size = result is maximum 10mb/sec upload and download
1 gb size 1 file = result is maximum 10mb/sec upload and download

What do you think is causing the problem?

I'm really unhappy

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    I think somewhere in the way from the NAS to your PC there is a 100Mbit connection. Is your PC cabled? Are all cables gigabit capable (=8 wires, in contrast to some old cheapy cables having only 4 wires)?
  • nsanity
    Options
    I can see 100mbit wirelessly
    I can download 1 gb file with an average of 100mb/sec and 180mb/sec.

But I can't pull from Nas at this speed
    I tried with Cat6 cable but it still didn't work.

My Wifi Connection average is now 130mb/sec. However, when it comes to storage, I couldn't get past the incredibly slow 10mb.
  • nsanity
    nsanity Posts: 3
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Mijzelf said:
    I think somewhere in the way from the NAS to your PC there is a 100Mbit connection. Is your PC cabled? Are all cables gigabit capable (=8 wires, in contrast to some old cheapy cables having only 4 wires)?
    I can see 100mbit wirelessly
    I can download 1 gb file with an average of 100mb/sec and 180mb/sec.

But I can't pull from Nas at this speed
    I tried with Cat6 cable but it still didn't work.

My Wifi Connection average is now 130mb/sec. However, when it comes to storage, I couldn't get past the incredibly slow 10mb.

When I remove the cable and plug it in, it becomes 50-80mb and then it drops back to 0. I don't understand. I think there is a very strange situation, but I couldn't solve it. It seems like the upload and download speed is being limited for some reason. Is there a way to speed it up?
    CPU up to 40%
    I saw the ram at 35% maximum, I was transferring 600gb in this transfer process.

i'm using windows 11 :( please help me :((
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Aren't you mixing bits and bytes? 130Mbit is a reasonable value for wifi, but that won't give you more than 10Mbyte download speed.

Does your PC has an ethernet port? If you connect the NAS directly to that port, which connection speed is reported?

Consumer Product Help Center