USG60 Simultaneous users/Maximum users reached cannot login admin

peterpoon
peterpoon Posts: 26  Freshman Member
Having upgraded to Firmware level v4.70 on my USG60, system prompted me to change my admin login password; when I followed the prompt to change and set my new password, device returned error message saying maximum users reached (simultaneous users logged on).  

Tried Putty command line to force-logout previously logged in users in vain as device returned "command not found" for router > # users force-logout ip xx.xx.xx.xx

I am stuck without admin login now.

Appreciate support could shed some light on my scenario.

Best Answers

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Already tried with a different browser and/or different computer?
  • peterpoon
    Tried Firefox and Chrome on different computer. Same scenario.

I Putty CLI command but in vain.  I raised another question on the Community.  See below.

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/12192/usg60-simultaneous-users-maximum-users-reached-cannot-login-admin/p1?new=1

After first time successful CLI login, now I could NOT, the Putty terminal box just closed itself when I entered the admin password. 

I lost all possible connections (admin) to my USG60 device now.

Appreciate support could further advise how do I proceed.

Tks in advance.
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Do you know the expire time of admin user session?
  • peterpoon
    I don't know.  Now I could CLI to USG60 and add another admin user, could login again.  Please advise in which section of the WebUI can I reset or disable the admin user timeout parameter?
  • peterpoon

• peterpoon
    See my admin login home page (WebUI) below.  Please advise where can I reset or set the admin session timeout.
  • bbp
    bbp Posts: 13  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    peterpoon said:
    See my admin login home page (WebUI) below.  Please advise where can I reset or set the admin session timeout.

Configuration (sprockets icon)/Object/User/Group

Edit Admin
  • peterpoon
    Thanks.   But this morning I tried Putty again, sometimes the Putty application (DOS box) closed without letting me sign in the CLI.  I tried several times and screen print the below for your review.  I found 3 users on the "show users all" CLI command, any hint on why there is no timeout for admin session login and max user reached.  I want to have a timeout and/or more sessions instead of 1 or 2.

• peterpoon
    I logged in WebUI, follow your instruction. 2 admin users defined.  But the built-in admin always prompted for password change.  How can I reset it?  As I followed the password change prompt, it said max users/simulataneous users reached.

• peterpoon
    Is there a way to set the password expiry to NEVER? If not, how can I set/extend the built-in admin user password expiry to a longer date?

Security Highlight