I cannot get the Multi X App to connect to the Multi X network.

Hi, In November this year I purchased FTTH with BT. At the time I re-connected the 2 Multi X units that had been working fine for the previous year to the new 900Mb/s network. All has worked fine until yesterday when the secondary unit based in our garden studio dropped out. I have found it impossible to re-connect to the network and in the end deleted the app and re-installed it to my iPhone. As I could not connect to the network, I re-booted both Multi X units (following the apps instructions) but when I get to the page "Please Wait..." and blue rotating ring - 'Connecting to Network' the software just hangs for hours. I can connect my other devices to the Multi X's network but if I close the Zyxcel app I have to re-start the app install from the beginning again, finally ending up at the blue rotating ring and Connecting to network statement. Could you please inform me how to get out of this software issue so I can start re-using my Multi X's?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2021
    Hi @Kenilo

The Multy App on IOS stock on connecting to network issue, we're working on it.
    Which model of mobile are you using?
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • I, too, can't get my Multi X units to communicate to the Multi App. My iPhone 8 updated to IOS15 on Tuesday night and since then have not been able to connect to the Multi X units. All the app gives me is the Home Screen and "Connecting" at the top but nothing happens. I would like advice on what to do.
  • Hi Michael, this is exactly the same fault that I am having to deal with now, my iPhone 13 arrived already running IOS 15.1 and the Zyxel app has stopped working correctly. I can get some of my devices to connect to the Multi X's but other devices cannot find it as the SSID is now hidden by the Multi. Obviously until Zyxel update their software to make the app compatible with 15.1 or 15.2, I have lost wifi in our garden studio where we run two businesses from. I find it really annoying as I'm having to use my home now as a business to use wifi. These units cost £350 in the UK and now I'm going to have to throw them out and purchase another mesh system! Really very unhappy with Zyxel Support.
  • Also unable to log in using 198.162.212.1
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    edited December 2021
    Hi @Kenilo,

Thank you for feeding back to us and we had addressed the root cause of this issue. We're working on this issue , the app will be updated soon.
    However, if you need to manage your device urgently, here we have  a beta version which should resolved the issue you met.
    We'll release a new firmware on the app store once the formal version is ready.

Thank you

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Hi everyone,

The issue has been resolved. You can download the latest Multy APP firmware via APP store.

Consumer Product Help Center