USG 40W with low internet speed

2»

Comments

• CHS
    CHS Posts: 177  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @kydimos

In the datasheet of USG20 performance is around 175 Mbps, but it is tested by UDP. 

(UDP performance will higher than TCP)

To fulfill performance requirement, USG20-VPN can handle it. You can consider upgrade to this model.

The maximum throughput of USG20 is 175 Mbps and it is tested by UDP.
    As you tested by TCP, 80Mbps is not bad. Be a home router it should enough for general usage.
    USG20 is a old product, if you want to get higher speed, you may upgrade to new hardware.

• 80 MBIT would be great... I get 0.75 MBIT download rate and 6 MBIT as general internet speed via speed check on USG20 with Firmware from 2016. Normally I have 94 MBITs with the new standard internet router.
    I really like the Zyxel USG 20 Firewall, but 1 MBIT is not enough for todays possibilities.
    I go through Tab Ethernet WAN1. Changing the Metrics does nothing. The Egress Bandwith is limited to 1000000 KBPS, that should be 1000 MBIT. That is the value in there. There are other options like RIP and OSPF but I think they can´t speed up the Firewall... I search for the magical switch to make it faster.
  • FreedomAngel2022
    FreedomAngel2022 Posts: 3
    edited February 2022
    Turning off the FIrewall checkbox changes nothing..0.75 MBIT is maximum with the USG20 in my case. I tried everything. TCPV6 changes nothing. BMW Bandwith Maximization...nothing. 0.77 MBIT is too less...I have to quit using it on productive high speed systems.

Just the RAW Firewall hardware as intermediary between the router and the computer seems to cut off 93 MBIT!!!
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,656  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Maybe its a bad cable? Have you test both?

What speed you get double NAT with your ISP router?

Also try

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/4494/tip-for-getting-faster-throughput-on-usg-vpn-zywall

Security Highlight