LTE3301-PLUS - WAN Conflicts?

RobbiiuK
RobbiiuK Posts: 3
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Hi,

I have an issue with the LTE3301-PLUS router.

We around 10 of these devices installed around various locations in the UK. The networks are very simple. We have VDSL at all sites which connects into a Draytek Vigor 130 Modem, we then have this plugged into the WAN port of the LTE3301 with the WAN port enabled and WAN back up configured so the Ethernet WAN is primary, which then should fail over to the Cell WAN after 3 minutes of not being able to establish the Ethernet WAN. We have a 4G SIM installed using the Vodafone UK network. The sites use VoIP and EPOS systems. 

When we try to remote into the router using the ETH WANs public IP, the GUI can sometimes take ages to load and times out, and sending ping requests to the router often results in sporadic responses and often more losses than responses. As this happens, the sites experience call quality issues on their VoIP and their payment machines on their EPOS systems become intermittent, music being streamed will buffer and cut in and out. 

I’ve identified that if I disable the Default Gateway under the Cell WAN settings, everything works fine - I’m able to remote into the router’s GUI quickly and the ping requests are smooth without any losses. However, after a few minutes the Default Gateway setting enables itself again automatically. How do I stop it re-enabling itself? 

It appears the router is trying to use both connections simultaneously and causing a conflict, even though ETH WAN is set to primary and there are no drops on this circuit. We are a telecoms company and are effectively the ISP of the VDSL service so can confirm there are no drops of the ETH circuit, also the router displays the UP time of the ETH WAN and there's nothing there indicating the this WAN has dropped. Even more so, we supply the 4G connections and we get usage alerts that indicates the Cell WAN is being used even though it shouldn't be in that instance due to how the router is configured and the ETH WAN being Up. 

If I disable the APNs on the Cell WAN to force disconnection of the 4G SIM, everything works as expected. When I reintroduce the 4G SIM/Cell WAN, problems start to occur. 

Any ideas on how to apply a fix? I’ve already updated the firmware to the latest version as dictated by the router - V1.00(ABQU.4)b2.

Thanks! 

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,655  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Can you change the LAN IP to 192.168.255.0/24 ?

• @PeterUK My Modem loses all settings when rebooted or powerloss, why?
  • RobbiiuK
    PeterUK said:

Can you change the LAN IP to 192.168.255.0/24 ?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response. Please forgive my ignorance, but may I ask how changing the LAN IP to the address provided would solve my issue? Just so I understand as I'll need to apply this change to all of the routers. Thank you.
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,655  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Its just in case the default LAN IP is used for something causing a conflict it might not help

• RobbiiuK
    Hi Peter,

Thank you for your suggestion. Amending the LAN IP hasn't made much difference. 

I've almost certainly isolated the issue to CELL WAN having the Default Gateway enabled/re-enabling itself when it's been disabled. 

Do you have any other suggestions? 

Consumer Product Help Center