One folder completely disappeared after reset!

Options
jazzkovacs
jazzkovacs Posts: 3
edited March 2022 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hi!
I have hard reseted my NAS 326 recently, and when I logged back in, one of my folders just disappeared. No trace of it on the device whatsoever. 
Note, that this wasn't one of the default folders, like "Music, Video, Photo", it was a separate folder, created by me on the same folder level where those defaults are.

Where did my folder go? And WHY???

Any chance to retrieve my precious data?

Fingers crossed, praying for someone to help me out!

Laszlo

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Where did my folder go? And WHY???

It's still there. It only lost it's status as 'share', because that is a part of the user config. Now it is just a directory. To get it back you have to go to the shares menu, and re-enable it.

• Dexter
    Dexter Posts: 108  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Reset the NAS will not remove the data on the disk
  • jazzkovacs
    Options
    Mijzelf: The folder appears to be there, but it's empty (see screenshot).
    Dexter: Yep, it shouldn't, this is why I was surprised, that everything disappeared.

I just can't explain this, nor retrieve my precious files. :(
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    According to the 'unmount' buttons, and the description 'Remote Volume' this is a screenshot of a client with mounted shares. But it's the server who decides what will be shared. So you have to login to the webinterface of the NAS and turn the directory into a share.
  • jazzkovacs
    Options
    Mijzelf said:
    According to the 'unmount' buttons, and the description 'Remote Volume' this is a screenshot of a client with mounted shares. But it's the server who decides what will be shared. So you have to login to the webinterface of the NAS and turn the directory into a share.
    I did this. But the folder is empty. What am I doing wrong?
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    I did this.

You enabled the share in Control Panel->Privilege and Sharing->Shared Folders?

• domenicali
    Options
    YOU ASK WHAT YOU DID WRONG? YOU BOUGHT A F...G ZYXEL PRODUCT. THAT IS WHAT YOU DID WRONG. I reset to factory because for no reasons I was not anymore able to access web interface after fw update, and after reset all my shares where gone. Data seem to be inside disks but no way to access them via old, re-enabled or newly created shares on the disks. This crap creates issues by itself.
  • okimarukas
    okimarukas Posts: 87  Ally Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    After resetting the NAS, the files should still in the disk, however, if you create a new volume, the data will be erased. 
    How do you access your web interface, by the domain or IP address?
    You can check the IP above your router to know which IP address your NAS gets.
    It seems you have access the NAS, how do you access the web interface?

Consumer Product Help Center