WAX510D Access Point goes offline several times

SC_Ivy
SC_Ivy Posts: 12
Friend Collector
edited November 2023 in Nebula
Hi all.

I have a couple of WAX510D Access Point, directly connected by cable to a GS1920-24HP switch. Both of them were correctly working till yesterday, when just one of them went offline without any network operation (i.e. upgrade). The offline AP were unplugged, plugged back and then reset several times. After reboot, it goes online for a few minutes and the goes offline again and again. Please, check the following image.

I've researching other community discussions for similar "symthoms", but I don't have a clear idea how to check the AP logtrace in order to fix it. May someone help me in this topic? Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

P.S.1: Network topology as depicted:

P.S.2: Zyxel support invited as admins. Please, request contact information to @Zyxel_Bella in order to speed this issue up. ;)  

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓

Hi @SC_Ivy

Yes, if the symptom goes with this unit, confirmed the problem is from the AP not switch port. Please contact the purchase window for RMA, we’ll analysis.

Thank you.

Regards,

Bella

All Replies

• Zyxel_Bella

Hi @SC_Ivy

Thanks for clear description.

The offline AP is connecting to port 16 which shows link up on switch and hold DHCP IP 192.168.1.17 but it can’t be reached when we remote into another AP and ping it.

Checked from Switch tables, the MAC address of offline AP doesn’t exist.

We assume the uplink on the offline AP somehow doesn’t transfer the packet, usually, the problem comes with cable or port on AP/switch, can you swap one by one above conditions of online and offline APs to confirm the result?

Thank you

Regards,

Bella

• SC_Ivy
    Friend Collector
    Hello @Zyxel_Bella.

I changed the switch connection port and link the AP with a shorter and tested cable. First time, online status lasted 5 minutes, time enough to promote a firmware upgrade action. Afterwards, when offline, I changed the cable and switch port and, for the moment, the AP stays online since morning (09:49). A large number of devices have not been connected, so I'm not very sure about the AP performace and service availability. Please, check the image below.

Furthermore, seems to have a brief offline status (13:49 and 15:50 along 2 minutes), but remains online. Any suggestion?

Really apreciated for your support. Kind regards. 

• SC_Ivy
    Friend Collector
    Hello @Zyxel_Bella.

Unfortunately, the AP went offline minutes after the above reply was posted to this thread. No more clues about what's going wrong. Maybe the device has some kind of hardware failure. 

Kind regards.
  • Zyxel_Bella
    Answer ✓

Hi @SC_Ivy

Yes, if the symptom goes with this unit, confirmed the problem is from the AP not switch port. Please contact the purchase window for RMA, we’ll analysis.

Thank you.

Regards,

Bella

• SC_Ivy
    Friend Collector
    Hi @Zyxel_Bella.

Thank you very much for your support2.

Kind Regards.

Nebula Tips & Tricks