BBC_Basic
BBC_Basic Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited April 2021 in Nebula
I Have two Lan Groups 
Default 192.168.1.x
Office 192.168.2.x

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

At the moment I am able to ping between the two Lan's 
I would like to prevent LAN to LAN traffic.

• Firmware. V5.13(AAVF.7)C0
  • Upgrade WWAN Package
    • Current WWAN Package Version: 1.16

Any thoughts would be good.

Cheers
Rob

Comments

• Zyxel_Dean
    Zyxel_Dean Posts: 237  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hello Rob,

It seems our live chat agents have given you some answers to this question, hope the ACL works out for you!

-Dean
  • steveoelliott
    Options

Hi,

I have EXACTLY the same issue... I need to isolate the two VLAN's from each other but allow internet connectivity.

I cannot see how an ACL solution will work as there is only directions:

WAN to LAN

LAN to WAN

WAN to ROUTER

LAN to ROUTER

What is needed is the option for VOICE to LAN or LAN to VOICE as I have a VOICE VLAN setup.

Is there another way to achieve this that I am unaware of?

• steveoelliott
    Options
    Anybody got any ideas???
  • RUnglaube
    RUnglaube Posts: 135  Ally Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Is this a Nebula device what are you talking about? I've never seen the options LAN to WAN on the NCC.

If you have a Nebula switch, you can use IP filtering to block this communication. If you have a Nebula gateway you can configure outbound rules.
    "You will never walk along"
  • Zyxel_Dean
    Options
    Hello @steveoelliott ,

Since our BusinessForum focus on completely different product lines, to get a precise answer I suggest you can submit your question in the HomeForum , you should get answers from experienced VMG users and the support staff.

Some thoughts about your question, if you need to block 2 VLAN maybe you can try to create 2 ACL rules with src IP from one VLAN subnet, dst to the other VLAN subnet, direction LAN to ROUTER and action as deny.

-Dean

• steveoelliott
    Options
    Well that same scenario is mentioned here: https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/967/vmg3925-b10b-stop-routing-between-lans/p1 but how can I get proper assistance with this? The previous poster it would appear got a response from chat agents? How do I speak with one of your technical experts on this?
  • Zyxel_Dean
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi @steveoelliott
    I saw our agent in the HomeForum reply under that post, they should be in contact with you and I'm pretty sure they are going to work on this scenario.

• steveoelliott
    steveoelliott Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Well, they said there is no way to do this at present... They are going to have an internal discussion regarding this feature request and see where we go from there. To be honest, it should be a relatively simple feature to implement.

Nebula Tips & Tricks