NR7101 B20+N1 Hangs

Kennyblu3
Kennyblu3 Posts: 5
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
Hello,

i have a issue with the NR7101 Router. I am connected with Telekom in Germany with the B20 and N1 Band. I am on the newest Firmware Version V1.00(ABUV.4)C0
and the Modul Version is RG502QEAAAR11A03M4G. The Problem is the follow, under load the Router stops working. I cannot ping the router anymore , or connect to the gui. It is reproduceible with a simple speedtest. The Router will only come up again if i disconnect it from power. I have already reset the router, but it dont help. I cannot find anything in the logs.

All Replies

• fpatrik
    fpatrik Posts: 2
    Hello,

Sorry for writing this thread i'm not a Zyxel expert, but I have the same issue.
    Just I wanted to mention V1.00(ABUV.5)C0 firmware is also affected with the same Modul firmware.
  • SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 266  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi!

Latest firmware is ABUV.5, download it and try more....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/og7h04hzdb58sfh/1.00(ABUV.5)C0.zip?dl=0
  • InternetCreators
    InternetCreators Posts: 1
    edited April 2022
    We experience the same thing (Netherlands) that the modem stops working after a few hours. We are going to lock the modem on 4G to see if the problem persists.

With the new/latest firmware the issue is still there.
  • Hi
    Same problem with NR7101 on ABUV.5 here in switzerland...
    What can we do?
  • fpatrik
    fpatrik Posts: 2
    Same problem with Telenor (Yettel) network in Hungary...
  • I have install this modem version RG502QEAAAR11A06M4G it is more stable. But not fixed to 100 % .
  • SELBERG
    I have RG502QEAAAR11A07M4G installed and PCI SCAN works fine.
  • tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    SELBERG said:
    I have RG502QEAAAR11A07M4G installed and PCI SCAN works fine.
    and you got this from here https://forums.quectel.com/t/rm502q-ae-firmware/10822 @SELBERG
    ?

Happy Easter everyone.

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • SELBERG
    edited April 2022
    No from another place..... Could not update from 3 to 7, first 3 to 6 and then 6 to 7.....
    Here is a screenshot from my scan, dont know if it works on 5g...........

• RisTo
    RisTo Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    I have this same issue. Have tried all firmwares up to 1.00(ABUV.5 and several modem updates. Connectivity just stops for no reason. 

Reboot or switching 5G to 4G helps. 

Log:
    Apr 14 15:17:30 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD 
    Apr 14 15:17:30 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD send to esmd buf = {"ac":"add","expire":"465182","mac":"xxx","ip":"xxx","host":"*","vendor":"*","moui":"*","serial":"*","pclass":"*","cid":"xxx","ifname":"br1"}
    Apr 14 15:17:30 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD esmd ret=1
    Apr 14 15:27:30 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD 
    Apr 14 15:27:30 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD send to esmd buf = {"ac":"add","expire":"465782","mac":"xxx","ip":"xxx","host":"*","vendor":"*","moui":"*","serial":"*","pclass":"*","cid":"xxx","ifname":"br1"}
    Apr 14 15:27:30 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD esmd ret=1
    Apr 14 15:37:31 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD 
    Apr 14 15:37:31 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD send to esmd buf = {"ac":"add","expire":"466382","mac":"xxx","ip":"xxx","host":"*","vendor":"*","moui":"*","serial":"*","pclass":"*","cid":"xxx","ifname":"br1"}
    Apr 14 15:37:31 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD esmd ret=1

Please support.

Consumer Product Help Center