NR7101 B20+N1 Hangs

2»

All Replies

• RisTo
    RisTo Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    I have this same issue. Have tried all firmwares up to 1.00(ABUV.5 and several modem updates. Connectivity just stops for no reason. 

Reboot or switching 5G to 4G helps. 

Log:
    Apr 14 15:17:30 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD 
    Apr 14 15:17:30 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD send to esmd buf = {"ac":"add","expire":"465182","mac":"xxx","ip":"xxx","host":"*","vendor":"*","moui":"*","serial":"*","pclass":"*","cid":"xxx","ifname":"br1"}
    Apr 14 15:17:30 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD esmd ret=1
    Apr 14 15:27:30 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD 
    Apr 14 15:27:30 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD send to esmd buf = {"ac":"add","expire":"465782","mac":"xxx","ip":"xxx","host":"*","vendor":"*","moui":"*","serial":"*","pclass":"*","cid":"xxx","ifname":"br1"}
    Apr 14 15:27:30 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD esmd ret=1
    Apr 14 15:37:31 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD 
    Apr 14 15:37:31 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD send to esmd buf = {"ac":"add","expire":"466382","mac":"xxx","ip":"xxx","host":"*","vendor":"*","moui":"*","serial":"*","pclass":"*","cid":"xxx","ifname":"br1"}
    Apr 14 15:37:31 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD esmd ret=1

Please support.
  • RisTo
    RisTo Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    I have this same issue. Have tried all firmwares up to 1.00(ABUV.5 and several modem updates. Connectivity just stops for no reason. 

Reboot or switching 5G to 4G helps. 

Log:
    Apr 14 15:17:30 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD 
    Apr 14 15:17:30 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD send to esmd buf = {"ac":"add","expire":"465182","mac":"xxx","ip":"xxx","host":"*","vendor":"*","moui":"*","serial":"*","pclass":"*","cid":"xxx","ifname":"br1"}
    Apr 14 15:17:30 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD esmd ret=1
    Apr 14 15:27:30 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD 
    Apr 14 15:27:30 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD send to esmd buf = {"ac":"add","expire":"465782","mac":"xxx","ip":"xxx","host":"*","vendor":"*","moui":"*","serial":"*","pclass":"*","cid":"xxx","ifname":"br1"}
    Apr 14 15:27:30 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD esmd ret=1
    Apr 14 15:37:31 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD 
    Apr 14 15:37:31 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD send to esmd buf = {"ac":"add","expire":"466382","mac":"xxx","ip":"xxx","host":"*","vendor":"*","moui":"*","serial":"*","pclass":"*","cid":"xxx","ifname":"br1"}
    Apr 14 15:37:31 daemon.debug dnsmasq-dhcp: sendLeaseMessageToESMD esmd ret=1

Please support.
  • SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 266  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 2022
    Watch this........ I can`t see any DL combo with B20 and N1, only UL.
    DL must have a third band involved.....
    Don`t know if this is actual now.....

https://cacombos.com/device/NR7101?combolist=default
  • SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 266  Master Member
    edited April 2022
    Read this........ 

https://www.lteforum.at/mobilfunk/zyxel-nr7101-fb-7530-stoerung.17104/seite-12.html#post-369748

If anyone of you also uses Telekom D1 (APN internet.t-d1.de) with a public IPv4 address that allows accepting incoming connections, I can advise you to daily reboot the device (to force obtaining a new modem dial and fresh IPv4 address). I noticed that roughly after 24...48 hours of uptime Telekom blocked incoming connections partially, mainly originating from Telekom mobile data clients like my phone. It's kind of obscure, because connections originating from Telekom or O2 DSL I've tested still could connect to my server running on T-D1. I read somewhere on telekom-hilft.de in a forum thread, that this is intended behaviour of Telekom to keep business users away from running permanent servers with a static IP address while on mobile data APN internet.t-d1.de .

The workaround is: Put a daily reboot of your Quectel NR 7101 in place and since I did that, my incoming connections worked - regardless where they originated from.

And read also this............

https://www.lteforum.at/mobilfunk/zyxel-nr7101-mit-fb7530-passthrough-usw.18898/#post-368329

Bei mir hatte er auch 5G-SA angezeigt aber ohne Signalstärke (N/A). Funktioniert hatte es trotzdem aber ich hatte mehrmals täglich nervige Reconnects.

Seit dem Upgrade auf FW „V1.00(ABUV.6)b2_E0“ und LTE-Modul FW auf „RG502QEAAAR11A07M4G“ läuft alles störungsfrei. Diese Versionen wurden mir zum Online-Update angeboten.

• Stiel
    Stiel Posts: 18  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector
    SELBERG said:

Whit N1 you are using 5g NSA, or DSS?
    Here in italy, we have N3 and N7 as DSS, so not real 5G band.
    DSS works terrible here, ping and connection goes up and down in a crazy way, and when i tryed cell lock whit N3, my zyxel went on a loop. i had to deactivate cell lock to get it to normal.
    I don't know if it is zyxel, or just quectel fault, but for sure, this modem doesn't work right in DSS.
    4G and 5G NSA whit band like N78, seems to work flawlessly.
  • Stiel
    SELBERG said:

DSS works terrible here, ping and connection goes up and down in a crazy way, and when i tryed cell lock whit N3, my zyxel went on a loop. i had to deactivate cell lock to get it to normal.
    I don't know if it is zyxel, or just quectel fault, but for sure, this modem doesn't work right in DSS.
  • tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    Stiel said:
    SELBERG said:

Hello @Stiel

I am learning some of this myself at the moment, but it seems like you can use DSS (Dynamic Spectrum Sharing) with 5G Non-Standalone (5G NSA) and with 5G Standalone (5G SA) network architectures, see https://blog.3g4g.co.uk/2020/05/5g-dynamic-spectrum-sharing-dss.html
          - the Nokia explanation linked from there is very good I think.

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • Stiel
    Stiel said:
    SELBERG said:

Hello @Stiel

I am learning some of this myself at the moment, but it seems like you can use DSS (Dynamic Spectrum Sharing) with 5G Non-Standalone (5G NSA) and with 5G Standalone (5G SA) network architectures, see https://blog.3g4g.co.uk/2020/05/5g-dynamic-spectrum-sharing-dss.html

Kind regards,
         Tony
    Hello, hmmm, i don't really know if it is a good idea.
    DSS basically use a 4g band to be used as 5g, sharing btw the 2 tecnology.
    It is really not good, at least here, but depends on implementation.
    Im just saying DSS on Zyxel have been proven not totally working, meanwhile other devices works pretty good, so maybe a not totally stable firmware for that use.
    But it all depends, each country and each provider is a world apart, i just used whit windtre, which was h3g and wind fused togheter.
    And in DSS zyxel doesn't work really nice, pings spike crazy, speeds go up and down in 100mbit difference, meanwhile other device works stable.
  • tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    Stiel said:
    Hello @Stiel

Kind regards,
         Tony
    Im just saying DSS on Zyxel have been proven not totally working, meanwhile other devices works pretty good, so maybe a not totally stable firmware for that use.
    But it all depends, each country and each provider is a world apart, i just used whit windtre, which was h3g and wind fused togheter.
    And in DSS zyxel doesn't work really nice, pings spike crazy, speeds go up and down in 100mbit difference, meanwhile other device works stable.
    Hello @Stiel

If DSS is not working, then it might be an issue in the Quectel firmware or it might not be.

It might be worth you talking to them about what you have found, as I can see that you have been chatting with Quectel on their forum recently, see https://forums.quectel.com/t/rm502q-ae-firmware/10822/12

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • Stiel
    Stiel said:
    Hello @Stiel

Kind regards,
         Tony
    Hello @Stiel

If DSS is not working, then it might be an issue in the Quectel firmware or it might not be.

It might be worth you talking to them about what you have found, as I can see that you have been chatting with Quectel on their forum recently, see https://forums.quectel.com/t/rm502q-ae-firmware/10822/12

Kind regards,
         Tony
    Easy to say, hard to do.
    Quectel is very reluctant to give info, if you are not a company whit a contract whit them, noone will ever tell you the truth, that post was one of the very few answers i ever got.
    Every time i want to obtain a new update, i have to ask multiple times.
    And zyxel isn't less problematic, but at least customer does answer fast, but i think they meant zyxel NR7101 for ISP, not for private consumer.
    All in all, untill Zyxel release a real stable firmware, and until quectel release a real stable modem firmware, things will stay like this.
    I just hope it wont tae too much, because the DSS problem is both fault.
    For example chateau 5G have same modem, but in DSS works better.
    ZTE MC801A works really stable in DSS.
    So, let's hope for the best.
    ATM im using ABUV6 beta firmware, and works like a charm, but in DSS it goes crazy if you dare to cell lock, so well....

Consumer Product Help Center