On Nebula Control Center the information is incorrect.

Lorcan
Lorcan Posts: 13
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
Hi, currently my business has 4 zyxel switches. 2 regular switches and 2 PoE switches for phones etc. 

We have around 30-40 devices (PCs, Phones, Printers) connected to the switches through internal wiring. All the devices are working without any issue. However, on the Nebula Control Center website, it says nothing is connected to any of the switches, see image below:

https://gyazo.com/8c592dddfee7f99e4f82762cc2d44700

Has anyone seen this before?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 332  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @Lorcan,

Welcome to Zyxel Community!

May I know if your Nebula switches are stabily online?
    If so, could you please check if there is a Cloud-saving mode banner shows on the top of your Organization?

Like this:

As long as you see the banner appears, Nebula will NOT show any of device status, but device event log. Please disable it, you should see all status back around 5 minutes.

In addition, please help us to enable Zyxel support at Help > Support request page(at the bottom) and provide your Organization name here, while your issue is not related to Cloud-saving mode.

Adam

All Replies

• Zyxel_Adam
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @Lorcan,

If so, could you please check if there is a Cloud-saving mode banner shows on the top of your Organization?

Like this:

As long as you see the banner appears, Nebula will NOT show any of device status, but device event log. Please disable it, you should see all status back around 5 minutes.

In addition, please help us to enable Zyxel support at Help > Support request page(at the bottom) and provide your Organization name here, while your issue is not related to Cloud-saving mode.

Adam
  • Lorcan
    Hi @Lorcan,

Like this:

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much! You got it working.

I am also having a problem setting up a new VLAN with the switch. I have got a VLAN 30 set up on my firewall device, but when I try and set this VLAN to one of the ports on my switches, the laptop plugged into the port does not work. Do you know if the problem is with my Zyxel switch? 

The company is Compliance Engineering Ireland, i have enabled remote support from Zyxel staff if you want to look?
  • Zyxel_Adam
    edited April 2022
    Hi @Lorcan,

We're glad to here that switch status is back.
    I still cannot access to your Organization: Compliance Engineering.
    Could you please help me to check if you had clicked the save button to enable it?

Here is some questions for you to clarify your issue:
    1.May I know what is you uplink port settings currently? Is it set to trunk, PVID 1, and allowed all VLAN (default settings)?

2.Do you set PVID 30 to the port, which you connect to your laptop?
    Adam
  • Lorcan
    Hi @Lorcan,

We're glad to here that switch status is back.
    I still cannot access to your Organization: Compliance Engineering.
    Could you please help me to check if you had clicked the save button to enable it?

Here is some questions for you to clarify your issue:
    1.May I know what is you uplink port settings currently? Is it set to trunk, PVID 1, and allowed all VLAN (default settings)?

2.Do you set PVID 30 to the port, which you connect to your laptop?
    Hi Adam,

I had not clicked the save button. I have now clicked it and hopefully you can see it. 

1. I believe it is yes. It is set to exactly what you said. Here is an image: https://gyazo.com/6059958e9e63c1e92d0fbb8bd34e99e4

2. Yes, i believe so. Here is an image: https://gyazo.com/f030b8a519e2ab2a9845855c84a96c16
    Also, when i log into the switch via its IP Address in a web browser, it says VLAN ID = 30. https://gyazo.com/77d7b237432678568966db7239035af8

It is important to note that when I set the VLAN ID to a different VLAN (one which was set up previously), the laptop connects and gets assigned an IP. We currently have 4 subnets working, and I have tested it on the main VLAN (1) and also on two of the other VLANs (no need to say what number it is), it works fine. It is only when I put in the new VLAN ID that I have created (30) that it stops working. 
  • Zyxel_Adam
    Hi @Lorcan,

Thanks for the privilege.

After checking, the port connect to uplink device, which is port 25 of S01 Radio PoE switch,  is not allowed to VLAN 30. Please kindly add it to port 25 and check if it works.

Hope it helps,
    Adam

Nebula Tips & Tricks