Cloud authentication: Access only to one SSID

baba
baba Posts: 280  Master Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
In my homenetwork i have multiple ssids each with its own vlan. I want to use WPA Enterprise or Captive Portal to have individual user credentials. How I can give users access only to a specfic ssid? Users created in site wide cloud authentication have access to all ssids.

Thanks!

All Replies

• Zyxel_HsinBo
    Zyxel_HsinBo Posts: 220  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi, @baba

Welcome to the Zyxel community!

According to your description, it seems that you have already set up your user list and SSIDs with Cloud Authentication
    Your requirement is to make certain users can only access certain SSID via Nebula Cloud Authentication like the scenario picture below:

If there is something misunderstanding about your scenario, please do not hesitate to correct me!

Since there isn't a feature that could authenticate certain users under a specific SSID without an external radius server,
    it would be a strongly useful feature! we will forward this idea to our design team, Thanks!

There is another way to achieve your purpose,
    By using Nebula Cloud Authentication and setting up clients policy by following steps:

1. Make clients access your SSID first

2. From the path below, you may see clients connect to your SSID
        (Site-wide >> Clients >> Client list)

3. Select the client you want to modify, Tap the Policy button, select  the " To specific SSID " option,
      Then you could set rules up whether you want the station to access the specific SSID or not.

This may not be a perfect solution but meet your requirement, Hope it would help you!
    Thanks, Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

HsinBo
  • baba
    Hi @Zyxel_HsinBo

yeah it would be a very strongly feature. Your other possible solution is mac based and not account based. my kids would simply change the mac address to get access again
  • Zyxel_HsinBo
    Hi, @baba
    As the problem you mentioned, it would not be a perfect solution to achieve your requirement.
    Unfortunately, there isn't a feature to let users authenticate under a specific SSID through cloud authentication.
    I have created a ticket for a feature request to achieve this strong idea, please keep following us for the latest news from our official website!
    Sorry for bringing you inconvenience,
    Have a nice day, Thank you! 

Best Regards,

HsinBo
  • baba
    Hi @Zyxel_HsinBo!

Thanks for creating the feauture request. I would be very happy if you implement it!
  • baba
    edited May 2022
    One thing: This should also be possible: User E has access to SSID 1 AND SSID 2
  • Zyxel_HsinBo
    Hi, @baba

We have received your request!
    I'll update here if there is new progress from our team.
    Thanks for your suggestion. 
    Have a nice day, Thank you!

Best Regards,

HsinBo

Nebula Tips & Tricks