Is there any EOL schedule for zywall usg series?

All Replies

• Carlos8
    Carlos8 Posts: 4
    Friend Collector
    @Zyxel_Stanley do you have any update?
  • Momo
    Momo Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited June 2022
    Hello Mario (Carlos), I send this message to Zyxel support, waiting for answer.

Hello, I come to you for sales advice. Currently many of my customers have Zywall USG110, USG40W and USG60W devices that I have been recommending for 8-10 years because they are very good value for money, for SMEs. A few weeks ago I saw Zyxel's announcement putting these products in End of Life (24.05.2022) almost out of the blue, I find this deadline too short, for patching and budget issues. The current series: Flex (year 2020) & ATP (2019) do not reassure me completely because I do not have an EOL date. Do you know what validity these products currently have? Could you tell me if there are new products for Firewalling / Web-Email coming soon, I would not like to recommend these products to my customers and have them already in EOL in 2023! Thank you for your comeback.
  • jonatan
    jonatan Posts: 143  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2022

Hi,I have several 310 gateways, the message that they became EOL appeared back in April 2021 (before the announcement of the v5 firmware), I asked technical support and the latest firmware for the current USG series was supposed to be 4.63 + promised to fix critical errors for 5 years (in the form of weekly updates).

Next year, a new series will appear that will replace the current FLEX (on the website so far named as FLEX with the prefix H), according to information from technical support.

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    ATP and FLEX series are almost the same, the only different is supporting by different security service.
    FLEX support: 
    Web Filtering / Anti-Malware/ IPS/ Application Patrol/ Collaborative Detection & Response/ Email Security/ Security Profile Sync/ URL Threat Filter

ATP support more services:
    Web Filtering / Anti-Malware/ IPS/ Application Patrol/ Collaborative Detection & Response/ Email Security/ Security Profile Sync/ URL Threat Filter/ URL Threat Filter/ IP Reputtion/ DNS Threat Filter/ Sandboxing

You can base on these security service to choose one of model to protect your network environment. :smile:
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @Momo @Mario @jonatan
    Have apologize caused your inconvenience about EOL schedule for USG/Zywall series. The EOL has been rescheduled since too short reaction time.
    The EOL devices list will update in near future. You can check the new version by next couple days. :)
  • Carlos8
    Carlos8 Posts: 4
    Friend Collector
    @Zyxel_Stanley which model is the best seller ?
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,654  Guru Member

From what I can tell the ATP is older then FLEX but likely will have the same EOL looking at the ATP 500 vs FLEX 500 both about the same cost but the ATP 500 has better Performance.

• Momo
    jonatan said:

Hi,I have several 310 gateways, the message that they became EOL appeared back in April 2021 (before the announcement of the v5 firmware), I asked technical support and the latest firmware for the current USG series was supposed to be 4.63 + promised to fix critical errors for 5 years (in the form of weekly updates).

Next year, a new series will appear that will replace the current FLEX (on the website so far named as FLEX with the prefix H), according to information from technical support.

Hi Jonatan, through witch channel you got the info? I was linked to my.zyxel.com (+ newsletter & sale announcement) but newer received for EOS/EOL. Grazie M.
  • Momo

I will wait on that, tks ...
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,654  Guru Member
    Checking the EOL again seems they have moved it to 2022-12-31

Security Highlight