What is the best mode to use my 3 Multy Xs provided that my gateway is a ZYWALL 110 /switches ?

Zywall 110 feeds switches that provide ethernet backbone for a 4 story house .
My 3 Multy X are needed only for wireless .
Right now they are connected -1 primary via ethernet the other two connected wireless . Is there any better way  ? (speed and coverage)

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Alexig

You can set up three sites for each Multy devices as the topology you drew.

Or you can consider the below two topologies if it fits in your environment.

You can build up ethernet backhaul for your Multy devices.

If ethernet backhaul is not possible to implement in your environment, you can set up wireless backhaul.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Hi @ Alexig,

You can try to put the extender node in different places and open the Multy app to check diagnostic  and figure out which place is the best position.

Multy X Support Ethernet backhaul connection, please refer to the link.
    https://kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchArticle!viewDetail.action?articleOid=017839&lang=EN
    The Ethernet backhaul will provide much stable connection for your Extender Multy.

If your Ethernet cables can reach mesh nodes to a LAN port means you won't have to sacrifice internet speed for hard-to-reach places when using wireless backhaul. 
    If you can reliably fit an Ethernet cable, you can set up your mesh Wi-Fi system with Ethernet backhaul.

• Alexig
    Alexig Posts: 2
    Thanks Jerry . From the article i gather that Multys are connected between them  by cable .Here is my topology . Is there anything wrong ?
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Alexig

You can set up three sites for each Multy devices as the topology you drew.

Or you can consider the below two topologies if it fits in your environment.

You can build up ethernet backhaul for your Multy devices.

If ethernet backhaul is not possible to implement in your environment, you can set up wireless backhaul.

Consumer Product Help Center