Can't Access GS1900-24E web interface via WiFi

dw15693
dw15693 Posts: 3
edited August 2022 in Switch
I have my switch connected to the main router via ethernet on port 23 which is set to access my management VLAN. When I plug my PC into one of the switch ports directly which are set to the management VLAN I can access the web interface. When I connect to the management wifi provided by my router which is on the management VLAN I cannot access the web configuration page and just get a ">" on a blank white page. I can however SSH into the switch when connected like this. I can also reach the management page of a downstream access point through the switch. Any idea why I cannot access the management page when not directly connected to the switch ports?

Accepted Solution

• dw15693
    Answer ✓
    Both tests were with Mac on safari. I have found that enabling VLAN trunk on the uplink port seems to solve this issue even though all the VLANs used in the network are known to the switch. 

All Replies

• Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 332  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @dw15693,

Welcome to Zyxel Community!

I could access to GS1900-24E web GUI throught management VLAN from router WiFi on my local test.
    May you try to use a different browser or private browsing (Incognito mode) and access again?
    Adam
  • dw15693
    I have tried both Safari and Chrome and I just get this:

• Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 332  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2022
    Hi @dw15693,

I use a Macbook Air to connect to GS1900-24E via WiFi router SSID, wired, and AP's SSID by using Chrome/Safari and it's working.

You mentioned that your wired PC and a PC connects to an access point has no issue while connecting to GS1900-24E GUI. Were you using this Mac to run these tests as well?
    Is so, please clear browser cache and test it again.
    Adam
  • dw15693
    Answer ✓
    Both tests were with Mac on safari. I have found that enabling VLAN trunk on the uplink port seems to solve this issue even though all the VLANs used in the network are known to the switch. 
  • QTT1
    QTT1 Posts: 25  Freshman Member
    10 Comments

Hey, I have Exatly same problem the 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.65 = Can't be accesed = Non of the Philips hue, Flick, Hoobs and so on docent work any more when I tried to get more ethernet port for expansion of the system. Please advise how they could be accessed with this GS1900-24E Switch. Has to give props to the TP-Link Deco M4R and StarLink staff have done everything that they can and Amazon has already changed the item for warranty basis…… Zyxel local importer can't be contacted which isn't professional way to handel these kind of issues …. This is the sitsuation in Finland …. 😤