Options
2»

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 661  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    @panzerscope,

Thanks for your feedback, since you have also raised the eITS ticket, and based on the log I can see that your transceiver is in the high operating temperature therefore it will trigger the "SFP detect" once it has been triggered then the fan speed will keep in the high RPM in order to cool down the transceiver.
    The reason why it keeps in the high RPM is that transceiver's location is not easy to do cool down and we want to let user know his/her transceiver's operating temperature is too high, once the user improves the heat dissipation then he/she can reactivate the "SFP detect" in Advanced application> Hardware monitor then the fan will back to the normal operating speed, no need to reboot the switch.  :)

Chris
  • ZsoltCs
    ZsoltCs Posts: 3
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Dear Chris,

For unknown reasons my 1930-12HP detected "abnormal temperature" on one of the SFP+ ports and the fan ramp up to the maximum 9200 RPM. I don't know why it happened, as the transceiver is empty and its temp is 39' celcius. The switch is cloud managed and in the webgui there isn't any option as you described above.

Is there any option to slow back the fan to its normal level without rebooting the switch?

Thanks!

• ZsoltCs
    ZsoltCs Posts: 3
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 933  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 8
    Options

Hi @ZsoltCs ,

Based on the event log, it appears the SFP port was previously connected. In this case, the only available workaround to reduce the fan speed is to reboot the switch currently.

Additionally, we've included the SFP Detect feature in our evaluation, allowing users to disable the SFP Detect function to reduce the fan speed if the SFP ports disconnected within Nebula. Please stay updated with the Nebula News and Release Notes for upcoming enhancements.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!