VLAN ID not working

Options
VLAN
VLAN Posts: 3
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
The access point is NWA55AXE. I would like to create a multi SSID access point..I tried to assign a VLAN ID to each SSID Profile but it does not work . Only if I leave VLAN ID =1 the profile allows clients to navigate. The switch has the tagged port where AP is connected with VLANID = 2 and 3. The respective SSID profiles of the AP have VLAN ID 2 and 3 respectively

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,848  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    What router do you have? you will need to subnet with VLAN's at the router
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 989  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi,

Welcome to Zyxel Community,

From what you described, I know that you have already configured connected port with vlan2 and vlan3 on switch. Please confirm both access (connected to AP) and uplink (connect to switch or gateway) port has configured tx tagging as well.

If it still doesn’t work well after following the suggestion, please give us your typology and screenshots of your interface configuration, switch ‘s static VLAN setup and SSID configuration.

If I can be of any help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regard,

Judy

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• VLAN
    Options
    Thanks for the info.
    I would simply like to create a Guest access to the network even without a VLAN .. Is it possible?
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi,

For sure. You can create a Guest access to the network even without VLAN. In this case, clients will get VLAN1’s IP.

This step by step guide shows how to create an SSID on standalone mode: How to create an SSID on Standalone mode — Zyxel Community

This step by step guide shows how to set up Guest access to the network on Standalone mode: How to set up Guest access to the network on Standalone mode — Zyxel Community

This step by step guide shows how to create an SSID on Nebula: [NEBULA] How to create SSID and set security? — Zyxel Community

This step by step guide shows how to set up Guest access to the network on Nebula: How to set up Guest access to the network on Nebula — Zyxel Community

Regards,

Judy

• VLAN
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. On the guide, however, it expressly says that it is not valid for the NWA55AXE model. How can I implement Guest access on this model without using VLANs?
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Options

In the case there is just one NWA55AXE AP in your network, you can enable Intra-BSS Traffic blocking to implement Guest access on this model without using VLANs.

If there are more than one AP which not support Layer-2 Isolation as NWA50AX, NWA55AXE, then you can try to configure Layer-2 Isolation on Gateway. In term of using Zyxel’s gateway as your gateway, you can follow this guide.

Open Configuration >> Network >> Layer 2 Isolation: choose member

If you want to allow some clients access to others, you can add an allow list as below.

In order to give our customers the best experience while using Zyxel’s equipment, we also consider about add Layer-2 Isolation function on some small business models in the future.