NSG50 WAN2_SFP

jlehto
jlehto Posts: 3
First Anniversary
I recently got 2nd internet connection and tried to connect them both. I have 2 modems and both of them work connected to WAN1, but neither work connected to WAN2_SFP. Both ports are on DHCP and WAN1 finds both modems fine, but WAN2_SFP doesn't find IP or mask.  I'm using 10/100/1000 BASE-T RJ-45 transceiver in the SFP port. Am I using the correct transceiver? I can't find settings for WAN2_SFP-port to check if the port is active or not - is there one? Anything else I should know?
Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    jlehto said:
    Am I using the correct transceiver?
    Please, provide brand and product code of such transceiver, if possible.

According to the manual, dated february 2020, Zyxel declare compatibility with Zyxel Transceiver SFP-1000-T (and some others, but mostly seem related to fiber optic connections.

@Zyxel fellows: it is ass backwards, stupid and useless blocking copy text from a PDF file like the manual or the CLI reference.
    Step 1: a simple "not that compliant reader" just like Mozilla Firefox, a probably unknown PDF reader to most of the users, will bypass this useless limitation.
    Step 2: finding this useless behavior for published documentation, the sysadmins which are using your devices will be pissed of more than a hell orchestra because it will make only lose precious time while copy/pasting scripts examples or notes about the setup of the device. Maybe will piss so much off on top of the "recent EOL notice" that they will consider buy other brand devices a better option for saving time on these stupid things.

All Replies

• mMontana
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    jlehto said:

According to the manual, dated february 2020, Zyxel declare compatibility with Zyxel Transceiver SFP-1000-T (and some others, but mostly seem related to fiber optic connections.

@Zyxel fellows: it is ass backwards, stupid and useless blocking copy text from a PDF file like the manual or the CLI reference.
    Step 1: a simple "not that compliant reader" just like Mozilla Firefox, a probably unknown PDF reader to most of the users, will bypass this useless limitation.
    Step 2: finding this useless behavior for published documentation, the sysadmins which are using your devices will be pissed of more than a hell orchestra because it will make only lose precious time while copy/pasting scripts examples or notes about the setup of the device. Maybe will piss so much off on top of the "recent EOL notice" that they will consider buy other brand devices a better option for saving time on these stupid things.

• jlehto
    First Anniversary
    I think that is the problem. Did some digging and the brands seems to be Xgiga(Amphenol). Code is GSF-T12-02-AL. Seems that it's not compatible with Zyxel. I ordered that one from Zyxel. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the help!
  • mMontana
    Xgiga don't provide compatibility declarements (except for SFP MSA).
    FlexOptics for T.C12.02.A and T.C12.02.AI (high temperature) declare Zyxel compatibility.

• jlehto
    First Anniversary
    Works fine with Zyxel SFP-1000T. Thank you!
  • mMontana
    You're welcome.
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    @mMontana
    Many thanks for your input, we really care about every customer's suggestion as always. :)
    From now on the new release CLI/UG will not be locked and we're also working on the html version which allows user to use it easily.

mMontana said:
    jlehto said:

Chris

Nebula Tips & Tricks