How to register my devices? Seems the dealer cannot find the solution...

FGL
FGL Posts: 2
SurveyFeedback-2022-Aug
Hello,
I have a small.issue with my device (NWA55AXE). I want to set up this device using Nebula. Unfortunately, the service provider who sold and installed this device had previously register if under another user name (I guess it's company’s one). I called him and he explained me he deleted it from its account. Still that didn’t change the status and I continue to receive the message explaining my device is already used for another account.... How can I solve this issue knowing my service provider seems lost.
Thanks a lot
Fred

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Dear Fred,

As normal, devices must be removed from original organization in order to add to new one. And devices cannot be added to a new organization created by a different Nebula account.

In your case, we suggest you using the Mobile App to scan device QR Code to add new devices can overrule above policies. Please take a look at this FAQ [NEBULA] What can you do with the Nebula Mobile App? — Zyxel Community , follow part 4 “How to use QR code for device registration on Nebula Mobile Apps ?” to let your NWA55AXE go to your Nebula.

Judy

• FGL
    FGL Posts: 2
    SurveyFeedback-2022-Aug
    Hi Judy Thanks a lot.
    Still I have a few questions:
    1- As normal, devices must be removed from original organization in order to add to new one => yes I understand and that’s why I asked the service provider to remove from his own account
    2- And devices cannot be added to a new organization created by a different Nebula account. 
    we suggest you using the Mobile App to scan device QR Code to add new devices can overrule above policies => this is exactly what I tried to do but it continuously fail with a message saying this device is already registered on another account (even if the dealer is confirming me he deleted it and cannot see it anymore in its account)…
    Thanks again for your precious help.
    frederic 

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Dear Fred,

To support you solve this issue, please take a photo of the device with AP’s MAC address, series number and the screenshot of device is already used for another account message. I’ll help to clarify and tell you as soon as possible.

Please follow this guile to send me message in private.

Judy

Nebula Tips & Tricks