usgflex 100 connected with nwa1123

Carsten_1234
Carsten_1234 Posts: 2
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
I want to connect directly the nwa1123 on usgflex100. I have configured 2 vlan's on usgflex and assigned to 2 seperate wlan ssid. The problem, i get no connection to internet over the zywall. When i configured the ssid with vlan id 1, than iam connect. Is it a problem with a wrong port configuration?  Who can help me? 

Thank you 

Carsten

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓

Hi @Carsten_1234

According to your description the topology should be as below, not sure if you have switch or not.

If your USG FLEX acts as DHCP server, please configure the DHCP setting on the interfaces to assign IPs. The switch should setup all VLANs on both AP and USG connecting ports or configured as truck port to allow traffic.

The AP’s role is forwarding the traffic to the wireless that SSID with configured vlan interface. The only step is to assign vlan on SSID, you can check this article for details.

How to create an SSID on Standalone mode?

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/13899

Thank you

Regards,

Bella

All Replies

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓

Hi @Carsten_1234

According to your description the topology should be as below, not sure if you have switch or not.

If your USG FLEX acts as DHCP server, please configure the DHCP setting on the interfaces to assign IPs. The switch should setup all VLANs on both AP and USG connecting ports or configured as truck port to allow traffic.

The AP’s role is forwarding the traffic to the wireless that SSID with configured vlan interface. The only step is to assign vlan on SSID, you can check this article for details.

How to create an SSID on Standalone mode?

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/13899

Thank you

Regards,

Bella

• Thanks for the fast help.