NAS 520 - Any app installation freezes at 45%

On the latest firmware, no mater what app I try to install, the installation freezes at 45%.

Tried so far:
- downgrading to previous firmware - same situation
- saved configuration and factory reset - same situation

Now I reverted back to 5.21 and uploaded back my configuration. SSH is working in case someone has an idea.
Even tried uninstalled a working app - it does get uninstalled, then when I try installing back it does the same, install is stuck at 45%. 

I have MetaRepository and Plex installed and working, wanted to install Zyxelcloud or OwnCloud. Any ideas, please?

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Some brilliant guy removed the NAS520 from the package server. But fortunately the 540 and 542 are still there, and AFAIK their packages are identical.
    In MetaRepository the ZyXEL server url has a '+' in it, which is by default expanded to NAS520/zypkg/5.21. If you exchange the '+' by NAS542/zypkg/5.21, it should work again.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    Some brilliant guy removed the NAS520 from the package server. But fortunately the 540 and 542 are still there, and AFAIK their packages are identical.
    In MetaRepository the ZyXEL server url has a '+' in it, which is by default expanded to NAS520/zypkg/5.21. If you exchange the '+' by NAS542/zypkg/5.21, it should work again.

• I actually discovered the same thing late last night after 2 days of destroying my nerves, entered here to post the solution for anybody else having the problem but yeah, your answer is spot on, thank you. Can confirm NAS540 folder and packages worked perfectly. All the best everyone.
  • chank
    chank Posts: 10
    10 Comments
    Mijzelf said:

I'm not clear where MetaRepository resides. I've logged in through ssh and found /etc/package_src_url which points to ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/NAS520/zypkg/5.21.

Am I on the right track or missing something completely (or even partially!)

I s
  • Mijzelf
    Manually editing /etc/package_src_url will also do the job, I think, but you'll have to edit it after each boot.
    MetaRepository is a 3rd party package, which can be installed separately.
    Unfortunately that server is down, at the moment, so you'll have to be patient.

• chank
    10 Comments
    Thanks, I have a 326 or 2 and some 54x, so I bought a 520 not realising they'd pulled the plug on supporting it. Seems illogical to me. All I wanted to do was upgrade the firmware (which I found elsewhere) and add nfs support (which I have on all the others). Are there instructions with MetaRepository ?
    I was totally unaware of this level of community support - reminds me of the demise of the Logitech Media Server and the reaction that provoked - though at least Logitech had the good sense to release it.
    You deserve a medal - or at least a lot of thanks!
  • chank
    10 Comments
    This 520 is running V5.21 and I was going to cat http://zyxel.diskstation.eu/Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/ into web_prefix but I'm mystified as to where to place the file. Am I mixing up two methods ?
    I did browse 
    Index of /Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/NAS520/zypkg/5.20 (zyxel.diskstation.eu) but can't see any way to use the 2 files therein.
    Oh - hang on if I go to the file browser I see admin which from the cli ssh is
    /i-data/ce916335/admin with 2 subs download & firmware. Create a new subdirectory here and put the web_prefix into it ? Then how does that pull your package from your server and instal it - Is that the
     On the webinterface desktop, open the 'App Centre'. Goto 'Browse->All Apps'. Now there is a cycle icon on the page. Push it. install MetaRepository. Push the cycle icon again.
  • chank
    10 Comments
    oooh that is clever; got there in the end, but as the machine was only set up with a test single disk, no doubt I'll have to do it all over again when I put the proper disks in it! Thanks again
  • chank
    10 Comments
    as there's no uninstall button for metarepository I guess it's safe to pull the disk that it was installed onto and start over ?
  • Mijzelf
    I guess it's safe to pull the disk that it was installed onto and start over ?

Yes, it is. MR is only on that disk. Is zyxel.diskstation.eu up for you? For me it's still down. Maybe a DNS issue.

• chank
    10 Comments
    must be working as MR has installed and pulled the entire contents of both your repo (12 pieces) and zyxel's down to the test machine. thanks again

Consumer Product Help Center