WOL not working

Options
I have this network card on a AMD x570 (MSI x570-a motherboard) with windows 11. 
It works flawlessly and I reached the speed we expected with the help of a gen4 Samsung 980 SSD. The big problem with this card is that WOL does not work. I have an identical computer that runs the same windows 11 and on that I bought a tp-link TX401 network card. On that computer, WOL works fine with the same settings.

All Replies

• tibi1
    Options
    * my network zyxel card is XGN100C
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,337  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    tibi1 said:
    WOL works fine with the same settings.
    Hi, tibi1, for "same settings" what are you referring to?

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,714  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hi @tibi1,

XGN100C does not support WOL. We will list this in the future driver release note to mention user that it does not support WOL.
    If you need more information about the specifications of XGN100C, please refer here.

Zyxel Melen

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,337  Guru Member
    Options
    XGN100C does not support WOL.
    That is very sad and unfortunate.
    According to the included files into drivers, XGN100C has the same Aquantia (now Marvell) chip of the TP Link TX401 V1. And according to my researches, the chip supports WOL, but sometimes via software is disable (or firmware? I don't know if the drivers can tweak that level of adapter options...)

On a famous eTailer, XGN100C (140 Euros) is priced 40% more than TX401 (99). And this really unfortunate missing feature will exclude zyxel from the batch of purchaes.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,714  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hi @mMontana

To support WOL, on top of chipset capability, the adapter also needs to have additional component to support the operation of transition between normal &  low power mode.  Unfortunately this cannot be done only by firmware upgrade.  Though WOL is not supported on XGN100C, its functionality and operation are not affected.

Thank you for the note on market price competition.  I will pass on the information to Zyxel marketing team.

Zyxel Melen

Service & License Help Center