NWA 1123-AC Pro Apple issues

Mark_K
Mark_K Posts: 3
First Comment
edited November 2023 in Nebula
Hi All

I have 4 NWA 1123-AC Pro running on the base pack in Nebula Control Centre.

They are linked and I have two SSID running on the group one is a 2.4 SSID and one is a 5g SSID

I am having loads of issues with apple products not changing between controllers or just not working. 

I need to turn off wifi and the like on the phones to get them to work if I even can get them to work.

Any help much apricated!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi there,

We’d like to make sure your issue, so please describe it in more detail. 
    You said “apple products not changing between controllers” means your ALL Apple devices just can connect to 1 NWA 1123-AC Pro, but can’t connect to other NWA 1123-AC Pro?
    Which symptoms did you get when the Apple devices not working?

By the way, please go to the Nebula website’s left sidebar >> Help >> Support request >> Enable Invite Zyxel support as administrator >> Click Save.

Don’t forget to let us know when you complete enabling this function.

Judy

• Tyrell201
    Tyrell201 Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited September 2022
    I also have this same question and I cannot find any proper answers on the internet and also need a solution. my ford benefits
  • Thanks Judy that is enabled now

The main issue is that Apple products just dont seem to work well all over my house and I am forever turning on and off the wifi on the apple product. It has got to the stage that I am using my cell phone data and not the WiFI for them more often than not.

I am thinking of better examples now and will try to add more detail for you.
  • Zyxel_Judy

Hi there,

In case all other devices can connect Wi-fi and work well, except your Apple devices, we recommend you check the OS version and function of Apple devices or restart them first.

Another way is to tap the name of the Wi-Fi network you’re trying to connect to (House or House_5g), then select an option to delete or “forget” the saved settings of the Wi-Fi network. After that, you can either scan for networks and attempt to connect again

Moreover, based on the events logs, I see many logs look like this:

“Station: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX has deauth by STA Timeout on Channel: 48, SSID: House_5g, 5GHz, Signal: -86dBm, Download/Upload: 41247/13192 Bytes. reason 2, Interface:wlan-2-2”

The issue might was caused by a low signal. There are many event logs with bad signals around -73 mbd and -86 dBm. To test this issue, you can let your Apple device be really close to the AP to make sure the signal is good (better than -65 dBm), and then let clients connect to the AP.

You also can provide us with the Apple MAC, and IP, the time device can’t connect Wifi, then we’ll check for you.

Judy

• Hi so yea it is pretty much all Apple devices that are causing me issues. When a visitor comes over to the house they turn off their Wi-Fi as it don't work to well.

I have sent you the MAC addresses in a private message.

I have also just set the 5G to run of a fixed channel and also the same for the 2.5 of another channel to see if this makes any difference.
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    @Mark_K consider a test option to tell one Apple device to consider the network "trustable" and use the real/proper macaddress, instead of the random/rotating one.
    To avoid tracking, in few releases iOS is providing fake mac addresses to the network. Maybe the current incarnation of 1123AC pro is not managing "the right way" this macaddress change roaming from one AP to another.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Mark_K said:
    Hi so yea it is pretty much all Apple devices that are causing me issues. When a visitor comes over to the house they turn off their Wi-Fi as it don't work to well.

I have sent you the MAC addresses in a private message.

I have also just set the 5G to run of a fixed channel and also the same for the 2.5 of another channel to see if this makes any difference.

Hi Mark,

I check the event log in this one month, however, there is no log related to four MAC address that you provided. I assume that you gave me the MAC of device, not the Wi-fi address.

If this issue still happens, please send us the MAC address as the images below:

By the way, any update here after you changed the radio channel?

Judy

Nebula Tips & Tricks