Nebula Firmware Update doesn't do anything?

CRU_Technologies
CRU_Technologies Posts: 24  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula
Hi,
We have been using Nebula for some time, but recently the FW upgrade process, well, just doesn't do anything.
If I go Site wide, Firmware Management, I can see Upgrade available, I select upgrade now (the device is online), click Save, shows changes saved, but nothing happens.
This is for multiple clients, sites and devices.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,593  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @CRU_Technologies,

May I know if your device's firmware status has the suffix "stable"?
    If yes, please help to go to site-wide > firmware management to change the firmware type from "stable" to "latest" before you upgrade. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Zyxel Melen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓
    Hi @CRU_Technologies,

May I know if your device's firmware status has the suffix "stable"?
    If yes, please help to go to site-wide > firmware management to change the firmware type from "stable" to "latest" before you upgrade. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Zyxel Melen

• CRU_Technologies
    CRU_Technologies Posts: 24  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula
    Ah OK, that has worked.  Obviously that wasn't an option previously.  Stable or Latest - possibly needs a better definition?  Is latest a beta FW?  Should Latest not be used in live environment?
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    edited September 2022
    @CRU_Technologies if you're familiar with "lab firmwares" from Zyxel, you can get a gist what stable/latest could mean.
    In some hotfix/lab firmwares, Zyxel published corrections for vulnerabilities out of the release cycle; with "latest" option, something similar could be pulled if the network administrator wish for that.
  • Zyxel_Melen
    edited September 2022
    Hi @CRU_Technologies,

The latest firmware is the firmware released recently. And you could use it in a live environment because it has the bug fixed and new enhancements.

The stable firmware is the firmware that has been released for a few months and no issue has been reported, we will mark it as a stable firmware.

Zyxel Melen

Nebula Tips & Tricks